Every year, I host a recipe exchange where my friends all bring recipes and we vote on our favorite. This year, I’m going to try and make more of these delicious recipes to share with you! My friend Karla’s recipe was for Brown Sugar Bacon Crackers, and I thought they’d be the perfect easy little bite for me to make on Christmas Eve. They’re a little salty, a little sweet and a little spicy too! Everyone from my kids to the adults loved them.
An easy little snack or appetizer that has just the right amount of salty, sweet and spicy!
- 1 package butter crackers (like Townhouse or Club crackers, either rectangular or oval in shape)
- 8–10 slices of uncooked bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar or so
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up, set aside.
- Align crackers on a wire rack set into a lined baking sheet leaving a little space in between the crackers for the bacon.
- Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths (depending on the length and shape of your crackers). Place a piece of cut bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the bacon-topped crackers. Then lightly sprinkle with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt and bacon becomes crisp. Allow crackers to cool on wire rack before eating.
These are so easy to assemble and bake! I do think they hold up better served immediately after baking. The next day, they’re still delicious but the cracker is a little soggy.