Two cheeses and buttery croissants make this breakfast recipe extra delicious!
- 6 large croissants, torn into bite-sized pieces (or 1 loaf of Challah or brioche, torn)
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbly (I used Owen’s)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Gouda cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I used Pam) a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Take your torn croissants and place it down in your casserole dish. Next, place your browned sausage down over the bread. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, cream of mushroom soup and Dijon. Stir in your shredded cheeses. Pour this egg mixture down over your bread and sausage.
- At this point, you could cover and refrigerate overnight or you could immediately pop it in the oven.
- This casserole bakes uncovered about 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit about five minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
You can use 6 large croissants or substitute a loaf of Challah or loaf of Brioche.