A classic tortilla soup recipe just cannot be topped! This family-friendly recipe is super simple since you use the slow cooker!
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can of ranch style beans
- 1 (1 oz) packet of taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of frozen (or fresh) corn kernels
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- In your slow cooker, layer in your chicken, Rotel, tomatoes, beans, taco seasoning, and cream of chicken soup.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve, remove lid and stir in the corn.
- Replace lid and heat through just a few minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheddar and chopped green onions.
Of course, this recipe can be easily tweaked for a gluten-free meal too. One of the easy g-free swaps is to use chili powder instead of taco seasoning. Please also make sure your cream of chicken soup is g-free too. Kroger’s variety is a great substitution!