How have I not posted this yet?!
It’s SUCH A CLASSIC!!!
In fact, I would even go as far as to say, this might be one of the most made recipes at my house. It’s always super delicious, super easy and super quick since you use the slow cooker. Your February NEEDS this recipe!Print
A classic tortilla soup recipe just cannot be topped! This family-friendly recipe is super simple since you use the slow cooker!
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) can of ranch style beans
- 1 (1 oz) packet of taco seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of frozen (or fresh) corn kernels
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- In your slow cooker, layer in your chicken, Rotel, tomatoes, beans, taco seasoning, and cream of chicken soup.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve, remove lid and stir in the corn.
- Replace lid and heat through just a few minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with Monty Jack cheese and chopped green onions.
Of course, this recipe can be easily tweaked for a gluten-free meal too. One of the easy g-free swaps is to use chili powder instead of taco seasoning. Please also make sure your cream of chicken soup is g-free too. Kroger’s variety is a great substitution!