Take your “everything” bagel and turn it into a delicious brunch or breakfast!
- 1 (16 oz) package of breakfast sausage
- 4 large “everything” bagels (we use Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free ones!), torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten in a bowl
- 2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease (I use Pam) a 9×12 baking dish. Set aside.
- Next, Brown your sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through and crumbled.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk and shredded cheese.
- In your prepared pan, layer cooked sausage across bottom, then layer your torn bagel pieces. Next, pour egg mixture over.
- Cover and refrigerate over night or bake off immediately. (We almost always let it sit over night.)
- When you’re ready to bake, allow it to cook 1 hour uncovered.
- Remove from oven, allow it to sit about five minutes before slicing and serving.
You can make this recipe with any bagel you like! For us, the Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel always hits the spot!