This version of Sausage, Peppers & Onions is on the table in no time! I serve it underneath a scoop of fluffy brown rice (and for my kids, a side of ketchup), but you could eat it alone or over any other grain (like pasta or quinoa!). Dinner on the table fast? YES, PLEASE!
- 2 (14 oz) packages of fully cooked kielbasa style sausage links (I use a turkey sausage), cut into rounds
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- chopped parsley to garnish, optional
- a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese to garnish, optional
- cooked and ready to eat brown rice for serving, optional
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add in your sausage rounds with a generous drizzle of EVOO. Take a few minutes to brown up the sausage on both sides. Add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Next, add in a bit more EVOO along with your sliced bell peppers, garlic and onion. Saute the veggies and sausage together until the veggies are tender. Add in a bit more salt and pepper.
- Next, stir in your tomato sauce and let everything come up to a simmer.
- Once it’s simmering, remove from heat and serve with a garnish of chopped parsley and a bit of Parm over rice.