This delicious quick bread has all the flavors of spring and summer in every bite! It’s the perfect sweet treat for Mother’s Day too!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- the juice and zest of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons of juice and 1 tablespoon of zest)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray one loaf pan with Pam. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your eggs until light and frothy. Beat in your sugar and oil. Beat in your strawberries. Stir in your lemon juice and zest. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine your flour, baking soda and salt and mix together with a fork.
- Slowly beat your flour mixture into your strawberry mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake 45 to 55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean when the bread is done.
- Allow the bread to cool at least 20 minutes before removing it from the pan and slicing it.