Happy Wednesday, friends!
Recently, I have had so many people tag me on Instagram sharing their version of this Strawberry Lemon Bread, so today, I thought I’d repost it with an easier to read and print recipe widget. This quick bread would be fantastic for Mother’s Day this weekend too! I haven’t made this particular bread g-free yet, so if you have or do, please let me know which flour you use. I’m always anxious to hear about gluten-free flours when baking.
Here’s hoping you have the best day!!Print
This delicious quick bread has all the flavors of spring and summer in every bite! It’s the perfect sweet treat for Mother’s Day too!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries
- the juice and zest of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons of juice and 1 tablespoon of zest)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray one loaf pan with Pam. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your eggs until light and frothy. Beat in your sugar and oil. Beat in your strawberries. Stir in your lemon juice and zest. Set aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine your flour, baking soda and salt and mix together with a fork.
- Slowly beat your flour mixture into your strawberry mixture. Beat until just combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake 45 to 55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf should come out clean when the bread is done.
- Allow the bread to cool at least 20 minutes before removing it from the pan and slicing it.