Nothing beats fresh corn in the summer! Add your favorite fettuccine, sliced sausage, a little red onion and bam! Dinner is done!
- 1 pound of a kielbasa style sausage, sliced into rounds (we use turkey)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels
- about three tablespoons of half and half (cream, milk…whatever you love and feel free to add more if you want it even creamier)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (reserve some for garnish)
- chopped oregano to garnish
- about a pound of fettuccine pasta, cooked to al dente and ready to enjoy (we use gluten-free)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your sausage rounds in a drizzle of EVOO. Once browned (about 4 minutes or so), add in your chopped red onion along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Saute another 5 minutes or so until the onion is tender.
- Next, stir in your corn and heat through just a minute or two.
- Finally, stir in your half and half, Parmesan cheese and hot fettuccine noodles (cooked to al dente). Quickly toss everything together and then add in another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Plate pasta and garnish with a bit more chopped red onion, grated Parm and chopped oregano.
This recipe is an easy gluten-free one if you sub the right kind of pasta! Don’t forget, if you want yours a little creamier, you can add a bit more half and half.