Well, I could eat this every single night for dinner.
Pasta with sliced sausage, fresh corn off the cob and Parm?
Not only is this delicious (and totally summer!), but it’s easy too! We, of course, make it gluten-free by subbing this pasta for our fettuccine…
…and we use turkey sausage instead of pork or beef, but seriously, use whatever sausage or kielbasa your family loves. Also, if you don’t have fresh corn on the cob, feel free to sub with a drained can of corn or toss in some frozen corn too. However you do it, you’ll love it!Print
Nothing beats fresh corn in the summer! Add your favorite fettuccine, sliced sausage, a little red onion and bam! Dinner is done!
- 1 pound of a kielbasa style sausage, sliced into rounds (we use turkey)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 cups of fresh corn kernels
- about three tablespoons of half and half (cream, milk…whatever you love and feel free to add more if you want it even creamier)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (reserve some for garnish)
- chopped oregano to garnish
- about a pound of fettuccine pasta, cooked to al dente and ready to enjoy (we use gluten-free)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your sausage rounds in a drizzle of EVOO. Once browned (about 4 minutes or so), add in your chopped red onion along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Saute another 5 minutes or so until the onion is tender.
- Next, stir in your corn and heat through just a minute or two.
- Finally, stir in your half and half, Parmesan cheese and hot fettuccine noodles (cooked to al dente). Quickly toss everything together and then add in another pinch of salt and pepper.
- Plate pasta and garnish with a bit more chopped red onion, grated Parm and chopped oregano.
This recipe is an easy gluten-free one if you sub the right kind of pasta! Don’t forget, if you want yours a little creamier, you can add a bit more half and half.