What happens when you add pepper jelly to a burger? Deliciousness!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- about 2 tablespoons of your favorite steak seasoning
- 1 (11 oz) jar of pepper jelly (we love Trader Joe’s!)
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- a handful of cilantro
- lettuce (we love bib!)
- 4 burger buns
- Preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and about half of your jarred pepper jelly together.
- Divide this mixture into four sections and make four patties (make sure to press down each patty a little in the center to avoid the “burger bulge” when they grill).
- Add your burger patties to the grill and begin grilling (we do about 6 minutes or so each side).
- About a minute before your patties are done, top each one with pepper jack cheese.
- When your burgers are done, assemble!
- Bun plus lettuce, pile on some fresh cilantro, a slice of tomato, your cheesy burger patty plus a dollop of your remaining pepper jelly.
You can assemble your burgers any way you like, but the combination of the pepper jelly, pepper jack and cilantro is one of our faves! We also use gluten-free buns to keep this meal g-free.