Looking for a twist on the traditional Sloppy Joe? Try our bowls! This meal can be on the table in under 15 minutes! Bonus, they’re also gluten-free!
- 1 pound ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard (you can use regular deli mustard if you prefer)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- about ½ cup prepared and ready to eat rice per person
- chopped green onions to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO until it’s crumbly. Stir in a nice pinch of both salt and pepper along with your garlic powder.
- Next, stir in your tomato sauce, spicy mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring everything up to a simmer and let it hang out about five minutes.
- After your mixture has simmered, time to build your bowl. Take your rice and add it to a bowl along with a scoop of Sloppy Joe mixture and then garnish with a bit of chopped green onion.
Make sure you check your Worchestershire sauce for gluten if you’re eating g-free.