Oh my word, I have so much to say today 😉 .
First of all, if you missed this…
…my NORDSTROM GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY, make sure you head to yesterday’s post for the details and to enter to win!!
Okay, on to today’s recipe (and our only post today!). I don’t know about your family, but we make Sloppy Joes ALL THE TIME! They’re super easy, they’re always a crowd-pleaser and they’re delish!
I would really say that they might be my family’s VERY FAVORITE DINNER.
Sloppy Joes are requested around here all the time. So, in honor of the busy back to school season approaching, I’m sharing our new version…SLOPPY JOE BOWLS since our house is now gluten-free. BUT you can also make…
…my OLD FASHIONED SLOPPY JOES or…
…my SLOPPY JOE STUFFED SPUDS…or…
For today’s recipe…
…just read the recipe below! It can be on the table in UNDER 15 MINUTES!!
Happy Wednesday, friends!Print
Looking for a twist on the traditional Sloppy Joe? Try our bowls! This meal can be on the table in under 15 minutes! Bonus, they’re also gluten-free!
- 1 pound ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard (you can use regular deli mustard if you prefer)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- about ½ cup prepared and ready to eat rice per person
- chopped green onions to garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO until it’s crumbly. Stir in a nice pinch of both salt and pepper along with your garlic powder.
- Next, stir in your tomato sauce, spicy mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring everything up to a simmer and let it hang out about five minutes.
- After your mixture has simmered, time to build your bowl. Take your rice and add it to a bowl along with a scoop of Sloppy Joe mixture and then garnish with a bit of chopped green onion.
Make sure you check your Worchestershire sauce for gluten if you’re eating g-free.