A super easy slow cooker recipe that will warm your winter right on up!
- about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast (not frozen)
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chiles
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup (we use gluten-free)
- about 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 (1 oz) packet of taco seasoning
- about 3 cups of prepared white rice (I like to make minute rice right before I serve it)
- shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- a drizzle of green chile sriracha, optional
- In your slow cooker, layer in your chicken breast, Rotel tomatoes, chopped green chiles, cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock and taco seasoning. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Right before you’re ready to eat, prepare your white rice per the box directions.
- Next, take the lid off of your slow cooker and shred the chicken right inside using two forks. Stir in your cooked rice.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with a bit of shredded cheese and some chopped green onions. If you want to take the heat up just a bit, drizzle a bit of spicy sriracha over the top. Delish!
I think the rice turns out better if you prepare it outside of the slow cooker and stir it in when you’re ready to serve.