If you’re still battling winter weather at home, I have a recipe for you! My Slow Cooker Chicken & Rice Soup is easy, hearty and absolutely delicious!
This is one of those recipes where you put everything in the slow cooker first thing in the morning and then at the end of the day, dinner is done. It’s kind of like a taco and a side of rice jumped into your chicken soup…loads of flavor, lots of deliciousness.
Happy winter! xxPrint
A super easy slow cooker recipe that will warm your winter right on up!
- about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast (not frozen)
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chiles
- 1 (10 oz) can of cream of mushroom soup (we use gluten-free)
- about 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 (1 oz) packet of taco seasoning
- about 3 cups of prepared white rice (I like to make minute rice right before I serve it)
- shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese to garnish
- chopped green onions to garnish
- a drizzle of green chile sriracha, optional
- In your slow cooker, layer in your chicken breast, Rotel tomatoes, chopped green chiles, cream of mushroom soup, chicken stock and taco seasoning. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Right before you’re ready to eat, prepare your white rice per the box directions.
- Next, take the lid off of your slow cooker and shred the chicken right inside using two forks. Stir in your cooked rice.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with a bit of shredded cheese and some chopped green onions. If you want to take the heat up just a bit, drizzle a bit of spicy sriracha over the top. Delish!
I think the rice turns out better if you prepare it outside of the slow cooker and stir it in when you’re ready to serve.