My mother-in-law’s original recipe is the perfect weeknight winter recipe!
- 1 (3 to 4 pound rump roast)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper (I prefer Kosher or sea salt)
- 2 (10 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup (we use gluten-free)
- 1 packet of Lipton’s Beefy Onion soup mix (two packets come in a box)
- about 1½ cups of beef stock
- In a big pot over medium-high heat, add in a big drizzle of EVOO and brown up both sides of your roast. Sprinkle a liberal amount of both salt and pepper on each side as you brown (no more than 4 minutes per side).
- Once both sides are browned, add the roast to your slow cooker and then add in your cream of mushroom soups, one packet of onion soup mix (just the dry packet, not prepared) and your beef stock. Cover and cook on HIGH 8 to 10 hours.
- When you’re ready to eat, remove the roast from the slow cooker and allow it to rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.