The easiest little weeknight supper!
- about 2 pounds of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 pints of sliced cremini mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus a bit for garnishing)
- about ½ a cup of hot and ready to eat rice per person (we use Trader Joe’s frozen jasmine rice)
- chopped parsley to garnish, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef until crumbly in a big drizzle of EVOO. Once browned and crumbly, add in your chopped red onion and your mushrooms and allow this to sauté. (Do not add your salt and pepper yet or it will take your mushrooms longer to brown.)
- Once your onions are tender and mushrooms are browned, add in your chopped garlic along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Let your garlic sauté just about a minute and then whisk in your stock. Stir in your stock for just a minute to warm it up and then sprinkle in your Parm. Stir everything together.
- Now, it’s time to serve. Take your cooked and ready to eat rice and place it on your plate or in your bowl. Next top it with your beef and mushrooms followed by a sprinkle more of Parm and a bit of chopped parsley.
We keep things really simple by using the frozen jasmine rice from Trader Joe’s!