Awwwww, anyone else just love it when their dinners are so easy and so delish?!
Me, me, me!!
My kids are really into recipes these days with mushrooms…and rice. It’s a guaranteed hit if I make a simple supper like this on a busy weeknight.
Bonus! Thanks to YOUR suggestions, I’m now buying…
…this jasmine rice from Trader Joe’s and LOVING IT!!! I tried this rice for the first time about 9 months ago and haven’t looked back. Each box contains three bags of frozen rice. You pop it in the microwave and three minutes later, the yummiest, fluffiest, most delicious rice is ready. My family typically eats two of the three bags per meal.
So, a simple supper (and bonus find!) for your Thursday. Enjoy!Print
Easy Beef & Mushrooms Over Rice
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
The easiest little weeknight supper!
- about 2 pounds of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 pints of sliced cremini mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus a bit for garnishing)
- about ½ a cup of hot and ready to eat rice per person (we use Trader Joe’s frozen jasmine rice)
- chopped parsley to garnish, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef until crumbly in a big drizzle of EVOO. Once browned and crumbly, add in your chopped red onion and your mushrooms and allow this to sauté. (Do not add your salt and pepper yet or it will take your mushrooms longer to brown.)
- Once your onions are tender and mushrooms are browned, add in your chopped garlic along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Let your garlic sauté just about a minute and then whisk in your stock. Stir in your stock for just a minute to warm it up and then sprinkle in your Parm. Stir everything together.
- Now, it’s time to serve. Take your cooked and ready to eat rice and place it on your plate or in your bowl. Next top it with your beef and mushrooms followed by a sprinkle more of Parm and a bit of chopped parsley.
We keep things really simple by using the frozen jasmine rice from Trader Joe’s!
Looks so easy and delicious!