A super quick, family-friendly (and gluten-free!) meal to satisfy even the pickiest eaters (and the mom with little time on her hands to put dinner together!).
- Corn chips (like Trader Joe’s Corn Dippers or Fritos)
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, chopped (reserve some for garnishing)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (12 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 (14 oz) can cream corn
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray your 9×12 baking dish with a non-stick spray. Sprinkle corn chips over the bottom of your baking dish until it’s covered. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO until browned and crumbly. Add in your chopped onion and a big pinch of both salt and pepper. Let the onions get tender (about five minutes) and then stir in your chili powder followed by your tomato paste and corn.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer together about 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in your shredded cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted, pour this mixture down over your baking dish and pop it in the oven to bake up about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with remaining chopped red onions and serve.
We have been serving this with either roasted broccoli or a big salad. Easy!