An easy way to jazz up your basic grilled chicken dinner!
- about 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- about a cup or so of fresh (or frozen) corn kernels
- about a cup of either store bought or homemade pesto
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (plus more to garnish)
- 1 pound of cooked and ready to eat fettuccine
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
On a baking sheet lined with foil (for easy clean up!), place your cherry tomatoes. Drizzle a tablespoon or so of EVOO over the tops of them along with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper. Pop them in the oven and roast about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, when you’re ready to grill, preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat. Take each piece of chicken and lightly season with a little EVOO, salt and pepper.
- On your grill, place your chicken breasts and grill about 8 minutes each side or until the juices run clear. Remove from grill, slice and add over pasta.
- Assembling the pasta is easy! Sauté your onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat in a drizzle of EVOO until soft (about 5 minutes or so). Stir in your roasted tomatoes right out of the oven along with your corn, your cooked and ready to eat pasta, your pesto (either store bought or homemade) and your Parmesan. Stir all of this together.
- Plate your pasta, add grilled chicken on top, a bit more Parmesan cheese and serve!
We use gluten-free fettuccine to keep this recipe g-free.