If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times…my kids LOVE when we make shrimp and noodles.
This easy little recipe right here whips up so quickly in your food processor and bonus, it’s fun for kids to make too! My kiddos love to put everything in and then press the button and watch it zip around. If you’ve never made homemade pesto before, it’s SUUUUPER simple! You put everything in, whiz it around and bam! It’s done.
We, of course, used gluten-free noodles for an easy g-free meal.
If you’ve never made homemade pesto before, you should! It’s as easy as putting everything in your food processor and hitting the button. Plus, it’s delish too!!
- 1 pound of shrimp (thawed if frozen; we love Trader Joe’s Red Argentinian Shrimp)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- about 2 cups of fresh basil leaves (plus a bit more for garnish)
- about ½ cup of cilantro leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (plus a bit more for garnish)
- 1 pound of cooked and ready to eat pasta (hot!!)
- We like to grill our shrimp simply. We toss it in a bit of EVOO with a pinch of both salt and pepper and grill it in a basket on our grill for about 5 to 6 minutes or in a big skillet on our stove.
- While your shrimp is grilling, add your basil leaves, cilantro, garlic, almonds and Parm in your food processor. Place the lid carefully on top and turn it on. As your food processor is going around, slowly drizzle EVOO down into the feeder tube at the top until your pesto reaches your desired consistency. (You can stop it mid-way and test it out to see.)
- Finally, assemble! Toss together your hot pasta with the grilled shrimp and fresh pesto. Garnish with a bit more grated Parm and basil and dinner is done.
We are a gluten-free house, so this was an easy g-free meal simply by swapping out the pasta for a gluten-free one.