A super simple weeknight supper! Grill, assemble and enjoy!
- about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 2 (1 oz) packets of taco seasoning (if you’re using less chicken, you might only need one)
- salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- flour or corn tortillas (your choice, we use g-free)
- our Easy Guacamole
- any toppings you like (cheese, sour cream, etc)
- First, fire up your grill to medium-high. Next, take your chopped chicken and add it into a bowl along with your taco seasoning, a pinch of both salt and pepper and a drizzle of EVOO. Toss everything around until the chicken is coated.
- Set your chicken aside a minute while you sauté your chopped onion and bell pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté you chopped onion and bell pepper in a drizzle of EVOO.
- While the veggies are sautéing, add your chicken to your pre-heated grill (we love to use a grilling basket). Grill up your chicken pieces until they’re cooked through (only about 10 minutes total). Stir and toss the chicken on the grill a few times.
- Make sure you have your guacamole prepared and then, it’s about time to assemble!
- Once the veggies get tender, add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Assemble your fajitas! Tortilla, guacamole, veggies, chicken and toppings!
If you don’t want to make our Easy Guacamole, you can always buy store bought too!