Who doesn’t need another easy weeknight supper idea in their repertoire? I am constantly looking at the clock this time of year and thinking “oh dang, it’s almost dinnertime!”. I’m telling you, when we’re not on a school year calendar, mealtime sneaks up on me quickly! For dinner tonight, try my Easy Weeknight Fajitas. They’re so super simple to whip up! It’s basically just assembling after you grill 🙂 .
A super simple weeknight supper! Grill, assemble and enjoy!
- about 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 2 (1 oz) packets of taco seasoning (if you’re using less chicken, you might only need one)
- salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- flour or corn tortillas (your choice, we use g-free)
- our Easy Guacamole
- any toppings you like (cheese, sour cream, etc)
- First, fire up your grill to medium-high. Next, take your chopped chicken and add it into a bowl along with your taco seasoning, a pinch of both salt and pepper and a drizzle of EVOO. Toss everything around until the chicken is coated.
- Set your chicken aside a minute while you sauté your chopped onion and bell pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté you chopped onion and bell pepper in a drizzle of EVOO.
- While the veggies are sautéing, add your chicken to your pre-heated grill (we love to use a grilling basket). Grill up your chicken pieces until they’re cooked through (only about 10 minutes total). Stir and toss the chicken on the grill a few times.
- Make sure you have your guacamole prepared and then, it’s about time to assemble!
- Once the veggies get tender, add in a big pinch of both salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Assemble your fajitas! Tortilla, guacamole, veggies, chicken and toppings!
If you don’t want to make our Easy Guacamole, you can always buy store bought too!