Friends, here’s the deal…today’s dinner isn’t really a recipe, it’s an idea for your Cinco de Mayo.
Or your Friday.
Or any day you’re just tired and looking for an easy dinner idea.
I give you…Taco Tot Bowls.
Call it a “low” point or call it brilliant, either way, my kids eat every bite of this super simple supper which leaves everyone happy and me in and out of the kitchen in no time flat. Plus, bonus, it’s naturally g-free which just simplifies everything. Sometimes, we serve this with a green salad, sometimes, just guacamole. Either way, your kids will love it and you’ll love how simple it is.Print
The quickest weeknight meal for your busy family to enjoy on those crazy nights!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa (we use mild)
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel tomatoes (or diced tomatoes will work too!)
- 1½ cups of grated cheddar cheese (plus reserve some for garnish)
- about 6 green onions, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- sour cream, optional
- your favorite tater tots heated up and ready to enjoy (see note below)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO. Once it’s browned and crumbly, add in your chopped onion and sauté about five minutes or until tender.
- Next, stir in your chili powder plus a pinch of both salt and pepper. After that, stir in your salsa, Rotel, and grated cheese. Stir this mixture together a few minutes or until warmed through.
- Now you serve! Take your bowls and add in your cooked and ready to eat tots followed by a scoop of taco meat and then garnish with sour cream, more cheddar cheese and/or some chopped green onions.
We love tater tots because they’re gluten-free! To heat up ours, we pour the bag into the air fryer and let them heat at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes. By the time they’re done, so is your taco meat!