Deck the Halls!

Here’s a pic of our house decorated for Christmas last year…the goal today is to get it back up and festive again!

Thank you so much for your prayers and sweet comments/emails yesterday.  Ashby is home resting today while the other three kiddos are at school.  She said she wants to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas and watch us put up the Christmas stuff.  It was a rough day/night, but your prayers were most definitely felt.  THANK YOU!  I’ll be back tomorrow with my Friday Favorites, in the meantime, I have garland to hang and a girl to take care of!  Love to you all! xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog November 15, 2018 at 4:49 am

I can’t wait to see your Christmas decorations this year, Shay! If anything, I know it’ll top last year’s! 🙂 Have a great day!

• Reply Erika Slaughter November 15, 2018 at 5:04 am

Good luck, friend! It’s gonna look amazing when it’s all finished!

• Reply Alexis deZayas November 15, 2018 at 5:09 am

YAY! Can’t wait to see your house all decked out! Prayers for sweet Ashby!

• Reply Sheaffer November 15, 2018 at 5:09 am

Prayed for that sweet girl already this morning. Love y’all.

• Reply Susan McKain November 15, 2018 at 5:27 am

We haven’t decorated yet, but it might snow here today in PA! Have fun decorating, and hugs to Ashby.🧡

• Reply Narci November 15, 2018 at 5:42 am

Your house is always so beautiful at Christmas! Hope you girls have the best time getting the house ready and recovering!

• Reply Elspeth Mizner November 15, 2018 at 5:45 am

Good luck decorating and sending prayers to your sweet girl

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams November 15, 2018 at 6:18 am

Prayers for Ashby and that the Christmas decorating lifts her spirit!

• Reply Beth Knecht November 15, 2018 at 6:35 am

Today we got a freezing rain snow day, so I’m looking to deck the halls as well! Enjoy!

• Reply Becky November 15, 2018 at 6:42 am

Praying for Sweet Ashby!!!
    🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Reply Ralinn November 15, 2018 at 6:57 am

Prayers for Ashby. Have fun decorating and enjoy movie time.

• Reply Valerie November 15, 2018 at 7:02 am

Praying for comfort and healing for you all! Wishing her a restful and fun day.

• Reply Kathy Olson November 15, 2018 at 7:23 am

I thought of you all many times yesterday. Praying today is much better for her.

• Reply Julie November 15, 2018 at 7:37 am

Prayers for you sweet girl!!

• Reply Heidi | Heidi Wanders the World November 15, 2018 at 7:45 am

Watching Christmas movies and decorating for Christmas sounds like the perfect way to spend the day. Prayers for sweet Ashby!

• Reply Clare Butler November 15, 2018 at 8:08 am

Have I been told you what a great Mommy you are?! Enjoy a day snuggling with your girl❤️

• Reply Holly Clark November 15, 2018 at 8:15 am

Prayers for your strong fighter. I love how she is speaking up for what makes her more comfortable during each procedure. So much is out of her control and I love that she is taking control in the few areas she has a choice. Prayers for your beautiful girl.

• Reply Gudie November 15, 2018 at 8:16 am

Prayers for a speedy recovery, she sure has been through a lot. ♥️

• Reply Angela Ellingson November 15, 2018 at 8:28 am

I’m sure the decorations and inevitable Christmas music will lift Ashby’s spirit. Praying for relief from any pain and healing. xo

• Reply Paula November 15, 2018 at 8:33 am

I have been praying for sweet Ashby. She indeed is one tough little girl. Her strength is amazing. I pray it never breaks her spirit.

• Reply Kelly Buffington November 15, 2018 at 8:46 am

I bet watching all the Christmas decorating will help Ashby to feel better today. I hope you all have the best day:).

• Reply Barbara Parnell November 15, 2018 at 8:47 am

I hope sweet Ashby is feeling better today..such a brave girl! When she is back in action you should take her to see The Grinch! Saw it the other night..while it isn’t the original, it sure is cute! Have a great day!

• Reply Debbra L Weber November 15, 2018 at 9:18 am

Continued prayers for Ashby and your family!

• Reply Debbie K November 15, 2018 at 9:22 am

Oh Sweet Ashby, I wish I could come and snuggle with you while watching the Grinch and Mama decorate. I’m home on a snow day in northern Indiana, so I’m watching all the Hallmark and putting up one of my trees.

• Reply Patty November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am

That Ashby…my heart melts!

• Reply Nancy November 15, 2018 at 1:01 pm

Praying that you guys have so much fun getting in the Christmas spirit today! Also Shay, if you haven’t checked out Brett Eldredge’s “Glow” you must it so such a good Christmas album!!

• Reply Kacy Mah November 15, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Glad she’s ok! What a strong girl!

• Reply Kimberly November 15, 2018 at 9:26 pm

Praying for Ashby’s recovery! I’m sure the Christmas movies and decorations helped to cheer her up =] I know the snow day with the kids sure helped my Christmas spirit!