My loaded mashed potatoes become even more spooktacular when you give them a fun name and serve them around Halloween!
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 oz) container of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 gloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, add in your quartered potatoes and then enough water to cover them. Bring this to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until the potatoes are fork tender (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- When your potatoes are tender, drain off all of the water and keep your hot potatoes in the pot.
- I like to take my potato masher and lightly mash my potatoes before adding in the other ingredients.
- Next, add in all of the other yummy ingredients and lightly mash it in until it’s combined. Your cheese will melt inside.
- You’re ready to serve!
I served ours with my delicious Easy Weeknight Wiener Schnitzel and the fire roasted corn from Trader Joe’s!