Everyone turn up the volume on Bobby Pickett’s Monster Mash and hit the kitchen to make this yummy side! I have been making my Easy Weeknight Wiener Schnitzel quite a bit lately and so, I decided to serve it the other night with a spooky side dish…my Monster Mash-ed Potatoes. Let’s be real, you can serve any potato and call it that for dinner, but if you want the recipe for my super yummy, loaded mashed potatoes, just look below. Only 16 days until Halloween!!!Print
My loaded mashed potatoes become even more spooktacular when you give them a fun name and serve them around Halloween!
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 oz) container of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 gloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, add in your quartered potatoes and then enough water to cover them. Bring this to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until the potatoes are fork tender (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- When your potatoes are tender, drain off all of the water and keep your hot potatoes in the pot.
- I like to take my potato masher and lightly mash my potatoes before adding in the other ingredients.
- Next, add in all of the other yummy ingredients and lightly mash it in until it’s combined. Your cheese will melt inside.
- You’re ready to serve!
I served ours with my delicious Easy Weeknight Wiener Schnitzel and the fire roasted corn from Trader Joe’s!