I am such a pie person.
And not only that, I’m such a pumpkin pie person.
Every year, I make a new version of the classic for Thanksgiving. This year, I used an easy little g-free crust and whipped up one the whole family could enjoy. I included some of our very favorite things: walnuts, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. And bonus…it’s easy too.
If your family is also gluten-free, we’ve been using this…
…crust right here from Trader Joe’s. You get two in a package, and they really are delicious! Whether you make your pie g-free or not, your whole family will love it!
Happy (almost!) Thanksgiving!Print
Cranberry & Walnut Pumpkin Pie
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 pieces 1x
This holiday season, jazz up your pumpkin pie with cranberries, walnuts and white chocolate chips! It will be the hit of your Thanksgiving!
- either a homemade pie crust or a store bought one, unbaked
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin (I used Libby’s)
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnut pieces, lightly toasted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fit your pie crust to your pie plate. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together your sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Next, beat in your eggs. Beat in your canned pumpkin and then beat in your sweetened condensed milk. Stir your cranberries, walnut pieces and white chocolate chips into your pie filling.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then lower the oven temp to 350 and continue baking another 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool at least two hours before refrigerating another two hours and then you can slice and serve. This pie can be refrigerated up to 48 hours in advance before serving.
To lightly toast my walnut pieces, I place them in a clean, dry skillet over medium heat for just about two minutes, stirring frequently. Remove and let cool.
This looks delish! If you were making only one of your pumpkin pie recipes (it’s just me and my hubby this year!) … which is your favorite?! 🙂
Mix and Match Mama says
Oh goodness! That’s so hard!!! I love this one a lot…if you’re looking for chocolate though, I have one with an Oreo crust that is really good too!