Nothing says winter like soup for supper!
My Easy Minestrone Soup is so hearty and filling that the carnivores in your family will never even miss the meat! And bonus, this is a slow cooker recipe, so it couldn’t be simpler to prepare!Print
This hearty soup is so filling that even your meat-lovers won’t miss the meat in this yummy vegetarian supper!
- 1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can of Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 oz) packet of dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 oz) package of a frozen vegetable medley (I used carrots and squash)
- 1 pound of a short cut pasta (we always use g-free noodles)
- chopped parsley to garnish
- grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Add your beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, Ranch seasoning mix and stock along with a hearty pinch of salt and pepper to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before you’re ready to eat, open the lid and stir in your frozen vegetables and pasta. Cover and cook on high this time for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and ladle into bowls with a garnish of chopped parsley and a little Parmesan.
We always use gluten-free pasta in our house.