Making pesto at home is one of my kids favorite things to do! It’s so easy, so versatile, they love hitting the button on the food processor…it’s just simple! Serve this with grilled chicken or shrimp, maybe some grilled brats or fish…or just enjoy it as a vegetarian supper or side dish. Either way, you’re going to love it! Enjoy!Print
Making pesto at home is one of my kids favorite things to do! This is such a simple supper or side that your whole family will love!
- about 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- about 1½ cups of fresh broccoli (with stalks)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of almonds (I used slivered, plain almonds)
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of cooked and ready to eat pasta (hot!!)
- In your food processor, add your basil leaves, broccoli, garlic, almonds and Parm. Place the lid carefully on top and turn it on. As your food processor is going around, slowly drizzle EVOO down into the feeder tube at the top until your pesto reaches your desired consistency. (You can stop it mid-way and test it out to see.) After it reaches your desired consistency, stir in a pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Finally, assemble! Toss together your hot pasta with the fresh pesto. Garnish with a bit more grated Parm if you want and serve as a side or toss with your favorite grilled protein.
We are a gluten-free fam, so we make this using g-free pasta.