Um, is there anything better on a chilly fall morning than a cup of coffee with a piece of a breakfast casserole?!
THE ANSWER IS NO.
Every time I make a breakfast casserole, my entire family remarks about how good our house smells.
This one here is a real winner.
It has yummy breakfast sausage.
It’s exactly what your fall weekend needs!
Three Cheese & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 1x
A cheesy and delicious breakfast casserole for your cozy morning!
- 1 box of your favorite croutons (Texas Toast Caesar ones are my favorite!!)
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage, browned and crumbly, keep on stove after you brown (we use Owen’s)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded provolone cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of milk
- a big pinch of both salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease (I use Pam) a 9×12 baking dish.
- Spread your croutons over the bottom of your baking dish (they won’t cover it, and that’s okay!).
- After your sausage has browned up on the stove and is nice and crumbly, stir in your cream cheese, shredded cheddar and shredded provolone until all melted together. After just a few minutes, it will all be melted together.
- Next sprinkle your cheesy sausage down over the croutons. Set aside.
- After that, in a large mixing bowl, whisk up your eggs with a fork and then stir in your milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture down over your sausage and either cover it and pop it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake or bake it right then. This will bake about 45 minutes or until the edges are browned and the center is set (not wobbly).
- Allow the casserole to rest about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
We use gluten-free croutons when enjoying this at home to keep things g-free. Also, you can make this the day before and stick it in the fridge before baking. The next morning, pop it in your pre-heated oven and bake. Easy as that!
Erika Slaughter says
This looks amazing!
Yum! Sounds so good!
Prepping now to bake tomorrow morning … thank goodness for Fall Break!