Raise your hand if you need an easy breakfast recipe right now?
Whether you make my Easy Maple French Toast Casserole on a busy school morning or over the weekend, the maple syrup is baked right on in, so it’s SIMPLE! You can even make this a day in advance, pop it in the fridge and bake it the next morning.
Super simple and very delicious!
Plus bonus, if you use a gluten-free bread like we do (our favorite is from Trader Joe’s), it’s gf friendly too!
Happy Friday! xxPrint
The easiest breakfast recipe for either busy school days or lazy weekends. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf of your favorite sandwich bread (we use a gluten-free bread from Trader Joe’s), torn into bite-sized pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of good quality maple syrup
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×12 baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer your entire loaf of torn bread (crust and all) over the bottom of your baking dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk your eggs just a bit then whisk in your milk, cinnamon and syrup. Pour this mixture down over your bread.
- At this point, you can either cover and refrigerate your casserole until you’re ready to bake it (up to 24 hours) or immediately pop it in the oven.
- Allow the casserole to bake about 35 minutes or until it’s not wobbly in the middle. The top of your casserole should be nice and toasty.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares and serve.
Use gluten-free bread to keep this gf friendly!