Happy Thursday, friends!
I have the easiest little salad recipe for you that’s perfect for fall!
You can use a whole butternut squash when making this or find packaged already diced butternut squash, either way, it’s seasonal, hearty and so delicious.
A simple, seasonal fall salad. Enjoy! xx
- about 2 cups of diced butternut squash (not frozen)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- a handful of basil leaves, lightly torn
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, lightly brown up your bite-sized pieces of butternut squash in a drizzle of EVOO along with your diced red onion and a liberal sprinkle of both salt and pepper.
- Once your squash is a little browned and your onions a bit caramelized (only about 5 minutes), stir in your torn basil leaves and sauté just a minute.
- Remove from heat, add a bit of Parmesan cheese and serve.
You can buy pre-cut butternut squash packaged in the produce section of most grocery stores or peel and dice a whole squash.