Good morning, friends!
It’s officially February, and we’re officially on DAY THREE of being unable to go to school due to inclement weather.
What does one do with limited groceries and nowhere to go at the beginning of February?
We make our easy Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies…BUT heart shaped 🙂 .
An easy little way to make this recipe seasonal for your loves.
Bonus, this recipe is extra fabulous because it’s also naturally gluten-free.
The easiest little peanut butter cookies just got extra festive for February! Whether you make the original version or cut them into shapes, your family will love them.
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or place parchment paper down. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together all of your ingredients with an electric mixer until creamy. Once the batter has been combined, shape the dough into walnut-sized balls and place them on your prepared baking sheet (not too close together) and then lightly roll them out with your fingers and slice each one into a heart using a cookie cutter. Take any leftover dough from the edges of the cookie cutter and re-roll those to produce more hearts. (We typically get about 18 cookies.)
- Once your cookies are shaped into hearts, time to pop them in the oven.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes before enjoying.
Don’t forget, you can make the original version too. Plus bonus, these cookies are gluten-free!