Happy Thursday, friends!
If you’re into cherry tomatoes like I am, you’re going to love this super simple supper recipe! Whether you enjoy this as a vegetarian meal, a side dish or add grilled chicken or fish on top, my Cherry Tomato Pasta here is on the table in no time! Use g-free noodles and it’s Celiac friendly too! #winning
Who doesn’t love an easy little (versatile) summer supper?
Whether you enjoy this as a vegetarian supper, a side dish or add grilled chicken or fish on top, my Cherry Tomato Pasta here is on the table in no time! Use g-free noodles and it’s Celiac friendly too!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- about 2 or 3 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- a handful of basil, roughly chopped
- one pound of pasta cooked to al dente (we use gf fettuccine)
- about a cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- grilled chicken, fish or pork to top, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in a liberal drizzle of your EVOO along with your chopped red onion and a generous pinch of both salt and pepper. Sauté about five minutes and then add in your chopped garlic to sauté another minute or two.
- Stir in your cherry tomatoes and another pinch of salt and pepper and allow them to sauté about five minutes before adding in your basil for another minute.
- After your veggies have sautéed a minute, add your hot cooked to al dente pasta into the skillet and toss everything together with your Parmesan cheese.
- Plate alone or with something yummy off the grill on top and serve!