Happy TRADER JOE’S TUESDAY, friends!
Since we’re sharing all things Trader Joe’s today including my PRINTABLE BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING LIST, I thought I would remind you how easy it is to make a weeknight supper using their cauliflower gnocchi too!
Grab your ground beef, a little Parmesan cheese, a can of tomatoes and a frozen bag of…
…their cauliflower gnocchi and dinner is done! Even if you don’t think your family would love a “cauliflower” gnocchi, I’m here to tell you that my family does ESEPCIALLY when you put meat sauce on top of it. Trader Joe’s has several different frozen gnocchis you can try, but this one here is the most basic, simplest and easiest to pair with a sauce.
This isn’t really a recipe, just a quick dinner idea.
Everything you need for a quick family dinner is at Trader Joe’s! Even if you don’t think your family would love a “cauliflower” gnocchi, I’m here to tell you that my family does ESEPCIALLY when you put meat sauce on top of it. This isn’t really a recipe, just a quick dinner idea.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 oz) can of peeled tomatoes (I love San Marzano tomatoes!)
- 1 (12 oz) package of Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi, cooked per package directions
- Grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown up your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO. Once browned and crumbly, stir in your chopped onion along with a big pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Let your onion sauté a few minutes and then add in your chopped garlic followed by your can of tomatoes. Bring everything up to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and allow everything to simmer together about 15 minutes. With your spoon, gently break up the tomatoes as it simmers. Add in another pinch of salt and pepper.
- When you’re ready to serve, ladle this mixture down over your cooked gnocchi (cook it per the package directions, we do the microwave!) and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.