Back to business

Spring Break is over.  I’m not going to lie…I really think I enjoyed it as much as my kids!  We had lazy mornings…the weather was rainy the majority of the time, which forced us inside where it was nice and cozy…we spent time with family and friends…it was really good.  That being said, today…we’re back to business as usual around the Shull house.
Hey, remember when I did my March Goals and one of them was to schedule appointments for everything?  Why didn’t someone comment and make sure I didn’t schedule them all for the same week? #bigmistake #imsuchafool #thisweekwehavefourmillionappointments #sigh
Before we get back to business, here’s a look at our weekend…
Smith was so sweet on Thursday.  Apparently, Kensington helped him fix his basketball goal in his room (I’m not sure what she did, but he was very appreciative).  Smith came downstairs and was like “mom, I have to make something nice for her because she helped me so much”.  So, he sat and worked on one of these mosaics for the longest time.  He was so sweet about it.

Big sister holding the finished product :).

On Thursday night, Erika took the three boys and I took the three girls for a fun evening and sleepover.  The girls asked if we could eat dinner at the Cheesecake Factory before going home.  Three sweet girls!

On Friday, Ashby wore her “Chosen” shirt out and about.  I love this sweet girl so much!   Just like God created Kensington and Smith for me, he created this little girl for me too.  She might have been born from another mother, but she is mine.  God made her mine.

Friday was our anniversary, so we dropped those three kiddos off with our favorite babysitters (a.k.a. Tab and Erika) and went out for a grownup dinner.  Eleven years…I love Andrew Shull more today than ever before.
Saturday morning.  We had donuts this Saturday :).

My favorite part about this picture is Smith in the background!  Hahaha!  That kid cracks me up :).  We met my parents on Saturday and went through our new Nebraska Furniture Mart.  Hello?!?!  That store is a-mazing!  If you live in DFW, you totally need to check it out!

Lovie came back and watched a little Big Hero Six with her girls.

Later that night, it was me in the chair with both girls sitting on my lap.  We attempted a group selfie :).
Last night, we had friends over for dinner (because I’m still working on those March Goals!), and I served this for supper.  Isn’t my board so cute?!?!  I bought it at Nebraska Furniture Mart :).  I’m pretty sure I’m going to use it a lot for parties and such.  Last night, I just wrote out our menu.
Okay…everyone pray for me…Ashby has her first dentist appointment at 9:15 this morning.  Eeks!
…plus…

…plus 3 more yummy entrees, one dessert and a breakfast recipe.  Your whole week in one post.  Click here to see it.

Tomorrow, it’s Show and Tell Tuesday and I relive my most embarrassing moment with you.  Oh heavens!

XO

• Patty March 16, 2015 at 10:20 am

I love your new sign & after reading your menu from that night, I'm now hungry. Oh well, I'll sit here and drink my coffee. 😉 I'll be praying for Ashby and you this morning. Have a great week!

• Macy Strozier March 16, 2015 at 10:27 am

Ashby's smile is so big. I love how she opened up to you quickly. She is the cutest thing in the world.

• Erika Slaughter March 16, 2015 at 10:41 am

Oh my goodness!!! We had the best time on Friday night. They were all so good!! And I can't wait to check out the new store!

• Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} March 16, 2015 at 10:41 am

I'm telling you, that girl doesn't need to see a dentist. She has the most perfectly straight, white, and healthy teeth I've EVER seen. There. Dentist appointment over.

• Narci March 16, 2015 at 11:11 am

What a great time with your kids!! That chalkboard is darling!! Love!!

• kimm atwood March 16, 2015 at 11:11 am

Love that chalkboard!!!!

• Kylee March 16, 2015 at 11:16 am

Hi! Sounds like a very fun past few days:) I have a question – I'm going to order my son the Native Jefferson Glow shoes, and I was wondering do you find them to run small, big, or true to size? Thanks! Have a good week:)

• Emily March 16, 2015 at 11:25 am

I live in Omaha, NE where the original NFM is located and it is amazing. Your blog is super cute and love your recipes.

• Lisa N March 16, 2015 at 11:26 am

Smith wanting to do something to thank big sister….so incredibly sweet. What a great man he will grow to be!

You will be so GLAD you scheduled all the appts. In one week….come Friday:)

• Casey March 16, 2015 at 11:36 am

Hi I was wondering where you found the mosaic Smith was doing? My kids would love something like that!

• Kelly @ The OK Momma March 16, 2015 at 12:17 pm

I love the chalkboard sign! I have a giant chalkboard in my kitchen and I L.O.V.E. it. I use it for parties, our weekly menu…etc. etc. Great purchase!

• Laurie S March 16, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Hi Shay. Great post. Love the Smith made a thank you gift for Kendington. So glad that you and Andrew were able to have a dinner out and that Ashby was confident to be with her friends. will be praying for you and your appointments. I have had one of those over scheduled weeks.

• Kelly @ Familiar Joy March 16, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Great weekend!! I love that Ashby is feeling more comfortable being with other people. I've been wondering about that! Sure is nice to get out as a couple, every once in awhile!

• Melissa Kelly March 16, 2015 at 12:46 pm

Nebraska Furniture Mart is so much fun to wonder around and look at. It was one of our rainy day Spring Break destinations. I somehow missed that chalkboard sign though, it is so cute.

• rebekah March 16, 2015 at 12:49 pm

My two year old has his first dentist appointment at 9 this morning! praying all goes well for you and Ms. Ashby!

• Tara G. March 16, 2015 at 1:07 pm

1. You need a chosen shirt, too. You were hand picked and are her mama.

2. Praying.

• Cami March 16, 2015 at 1:11 pm

"I love this sweet girl so much! Just like God created Kensington and Smith for me, he created this little girl for me too. She might have been born from another mother, but she is mine. God made her mine."

AMEN!!! I love this quote so much. I have two adopted children and this is exactly what is in my heart for both of them!

• Spencer Cox March 16, 2015 at 1:22 pm

I'm so glad you're loving Nebraska Furniture Mart… being in Omaha, it's of course my favorite store too 🙂 Love the board!! Have a wonderful week.

• Marshall Madness March 16, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Ashby's smile! I can't get over it. How did she do going to Erika's for the evening? Was this the first time that you left her like that? Praying for you right now while you're at the dentist. I'm making your orange marmalade chicken sandwiches for the first time tonight! Hoping my crew loves them!

• kj7 March 16, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Did you use chalk or chalkboard marker on your board? It looks much neater than mine does with chalk.

Praying and love the comment above about the Chosen shirt…Ashby is so cute! (So are Smith and Kensington)

• {Hi Sugarplum!} March 16, 2015 at 2:59 pm

I had no idea it NFM was open!!! I need to go check it out. Love all the pics…and love that Ashby is snuggling up to so many different people now! xoxoxo

• Carrie March 16, 2015 at 3:37 pm

I just wanted to stop by and say how happy Ashby looks… she is just ALL smiles in the photos. You are such a great mom to her, she is so blessed to have been placed with the perfect family for her! I also love that chalkboard sign!

• Rachel Baumann - Fifty Two Weekends March 16, 2015 at 7:35 pm

That photo bomb of your son @ NFM is way too cute!

• Anonymous March 16, 2015 at 8:15 pm

What color are your nails in the Nebraska Furniture Mart picture? Such a pretty magenta color!

• Jeanie March 16, 2015 at 11:31 pm

So sweet of Smith to make a gift for Kensington. Love the "Chosen" outfit.

• Jen R March 16, 2015 at 11:40 pm

I love her shirt!

• Elizabeth Birenbaum March 17, 2015 at 12:39 am

Oh mama, I am thinking of you! Hope Ashby's dentist appointment went well! I'm terrified to take my son for his first visit and he is only one month younger than Ashby. Eeekk! Good luck!

• Nicole Gregory March 17, 2015 at 12:59 am

Yayy! I love that you went to NFM! I am from Nebraska and it is seriously the greatest thing ever. THEY HAVE ANYTHING! So glad you enjoyed it 🙂

• Elizabeth March 17, 2015 at 3:12 am

How'd the dentist go?!? I always love going to the dentist and I always have!!

• Slightly Askew Designs March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am

LOVED this whole post! That Chosen shirt is awesome.

• Rebecca March 17, 2015 at 3:53 am

I really enjoy following your blog! Thanks for sharing all the sweet moments with your family. Now, can you share the name of your nail polish in the furniture store picture? So pretty! Thanks!

• Jill March 17, 2015 at 12:07 am

As a pediatric dental hygienist, I would love to hear how her first dental visit went!

• Sarah March 17, 2015 at 3:01 pm

This is completely off topic and random, but is your name a combination of your parents first names? I told you it was random. 😉

• Anonymous March 18, 2015 at 1:46 am

Happy Anniversary! You look so pretty!

• Aubrey March 18, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Love the chalkboard! I need a fancy one — my £5 version from Wilkinson isn't cutting it now that I've seen your gorgeous specimen! 😉

• Sharon March 21, 2015 at 4:18 am

Oh, I want one of those boards. Where in Nebraska Furniture Mart was it and how much? Thanks!

• Tara March 22, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Do your kids call their grandmother Lovie? My mother in law's father passed away when I was pregnant with my oldest and as she was at the funeral home with my husband she said that she would really miss hearing him call her Lovie. She didn't want to be called grandma anyway so my husband said that would be the perfect name for our kids to use so now they have a Lovie.