Frosted Cranberry Orange Bread

Frosted Cranberry Orange Bread

You know how I feel about quick breads.  They’re easy, they’re moist, they work for breakfast, dessert or a snack…and they’re great to make with kids.  This holiday season, make my Frosted Cranberry Orange Bread.  Your family will thank you.

This recipe makes one loaf.

Shopping List
1 cup of sugar
1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
1 cup of orange marmalade
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons orange zest
about a tablespoon or so of orange juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly spray one loaf pan with cooking spray and then set aside.
 In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, cranberries, marmalade, vegetable oil and egg with an electric mixer.  (Your mixer will break up some of the cranberries and some will be left whole.  I like this because it gives your bread texture.) Set bowl aside.
 In a second mixing bowl, whisk together with a fork your flour and baking soda.
 Pour cranberry mixture slowly into flour mixture and blend together until just moistened with a spoon (not your mixer).   Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
 Allow bread to cool 10 minutes before removing it from the pan to finish cooling completely before frosting.
To make the frosting, beat with your electric mixer the powdered sugar, cream cheese, orange zest and orange juice.  Add more powdered sugar if it’s too thin or more fresh orange juice if it’s too thick.  When it reaches the desired consistency, frost your cooled bread.
Store in the fridge when you’re not enjoying.
Frosted Cranberry Orange Bread
  • jamie November 18, 2016 at 4:48 am

GOOD MORNING beautiful shay! i’m getting ready to hop out of bed. i always read your blog first. this recipe looks YUM. just took a screen shot of the ingredients so i can get them today. have the best weekend ever.

• Sheaffer November 18, 2016 at 5:43 am

This sound so good!

• Narci November 18, 2016 at 6:49 am

This looks delicious! I can’t want to make it! 🙂

• Lizzie @ This Happy Life November 18, 2016 at 8:28 am

This looks so yummy!! Where can you find orange marmalade? the baking section? Thanks!

• Mix and Match Mama November 18, 2016 at 8:37 am

It’s with the jams and jellies!

• Kate November 18, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Hi! I love reading your blog! Do you have any suggestions for a breakfast casserole that does not have eggs in it??! Thanks so much!

• haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine November 21, 2016 at 7:20 am

oooh this sounds goood!!! Would love to add this one to my bake-this-week list!!!

• Amanda November 25, 2016 at 2:31 pm

Hi Shay! I love your blog & am hoping to get your cookbook for Christmas this year!! I was so excited to make this bread for Thanksgiving, but unfortunately it didn’t work out. I tried it twice thinking maybe I had measured something wrong, but both times it continued to stay gooey & only cooked on the very edges (which tasted yum!). Do you think maybe more flour would help? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you so much!

• Mix and Match Mama November 26, 2016 at 5:03 am

If you tried it twice and it didn’t work, I would probably try another one. Did you bake it long enough? Mine turned out just fine, so I’m thinking it could be oven differences too.

• Sydney November 27, 2016 at 10:26 am

Mine did the same thing. What I did is wrapped aluminum foil around the edges so that they wouldn’t cook anymore but cut out a hole so that the center of the bread would continue to cook. I probably cooked my bread closer to an hour.

• Sydney November 27, 2016 at 10:24 am

This bread is so darn good! My family is so impressed and absolutely loved this quick bread. I made it Wednesday afternoon for Thursday morning (and mornings since) and it was so popular! It made two 8×4 loaves which couldn’t have worked out better because my grandmother insisted on me leaving a loaf with her. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

• Aunt Kel Kel December 1, 2016 at 8:50 pm

I had problems too. I made it twice and both times it made a carmalized sugar glob. The recipe sounds so yummy!!

• Alison December 4, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I just tried it and had problems too — should have read the comments first.

My edges were almost burning and the center was not set at all! First time I’ve had a bad “mix and match” recipe. Is there a typo in the ingredient list?!?

• Mix and Match Mama December 5, 2016 at 4:23 am

I”m sorry! I”ve made it twice now and it’s turned out just like pictured…no problems!