Slow Cooker Mushrooms & Meatballs over Pasta

Slow Cooker Mushrooms & Meatballs Over Pasta Recipe, Slow Cooker Mushrooms & Meatballs over Pasta

Some days, you just need an easy recipe to throw in the slow cooker.

This is one of those days.

We buy a really good quality Italian chicken meatball at our grocery store in the poultry case, but you can use a frozen meatball too!  We like chicken, but of course, you can sub beef, pork or turkey!

Throw everything in and wait until supper!

Enjoy!

This recipe serves four.

Shopping List
1 pound of fully cooked Italian-style meatballs (they can be frozen)
about two cups of fresh mushrooms (we used crimini)
1 onion, chopped
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons water
a pound of pasta (we used penne) cooked to al dente and ready to eat
grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
chopped parsley to garnish

In your slow cooker, add in your meatballs followed by the mushrooms, chopped onion, diced tomatoes, stock and Italian seasoning blend.  Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.  About 20 minutes before you’re ready to eat, mix your cornstarch and water in a bowl with a spoon and then remove the lid of your slow cooker and whisk it in.  Keep the lid off of the slow cooker and allow it to simmer another 15 to 20 minutes (this will thicken up your sauce).

When you’re ready, ladle your meatballs and mushrooms with sauce over cooked pasta and garnish with a bit of Parmesan and chopped parsley.

Easy as that!

• Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog January 18, 2018 at 4:35 am

I thought the meatballs were the tops of the mushrooms at first, haha! It sounds like a delicious recipe, I’m a huge mushroom fan. Pasta is great for any night of the week! 🙂

• Narci Dreffs January 18, 2018 at 6:08 am

My kids love meatballs, so this will make everyone happy! Can’t wait to make this dinner soon! Looks great!

• Miranda January 18, 2018 at 6:29 am

I have been doing your recipes in my instant pot since I got it for Christmas and they are turning out marvelous just as good as the ones I have tried in slow cooker!! I’m a working mom and doing these in the instant Potts time saving and stress away in the mornings, and then tasting as good as they do!! I’m thanking you bunches for the recipes and my husband for my Christmas present!!

• amy January 18, 2018 at 8:59 am

Sounds good!! I am just a bit confused by the recipe, can you clarify about the fresh vs. frozen. If you buy the fresh meatballs in the poultry case are you pre-cooking them before you put in the crock pot? The recipe says “fully cooked” Are frozen ones already fully cooked too?? Thanks!!!

• Mix and Match Mama January 18, 2018 at 12:49 pm

So, the meatball package says “fully cooked” but they’re refrigerated (or frozen). It will say on the package whether they’re fully cooked or not. Since that’s exactly how I’ve been making this recipe, I wanted to make sure you did it the same way.

• Alexis deZayas January 18, 2018 at 9:44 am

Yum!!! Meatballs are a favorite of mine and I think I would love them with mushrooms!

• Mega January 18, 2018 at 10:39 am

Yum!! Did you ever end up getting the Instapot? I got one for Xmas and have been searching for good recipes.

• Mix and Match Mama January 18, 2018 at 12:48 pm

I didn’t. After reading all of the comments, I think I have decided not to for now.

• Kay Nguyen January 18, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Mushroom? Meatballs? Pasta? Sign me in! This looks too good not to try out, thanks for sharing <3