Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!!!

I mean…how long as it been since I posted a FRIDAY FAVORITES?!  I feel like it’s been FOREVER!

As always, I’m linking up with my friends Erika, Narci and Andrea and sharing some of my favorite things from this week.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! xo

Hey friends, you need to come shop on Wednesday at Kendra Scott in Watters Creek in Allen!  It’s the Manda Strong Foundation’s second annual Kendra Gives Back!  If you’re not local, you can call in your order too! (YESSSSSSS!)  Twenty percent of the proceeds go straight to the Manda Strong Foundation which helps create special moments and memories for mamas in Collin County who have cancer.  It’s such an amazing cause!!

Even if you read my post on Monday

July Book Review

…you need to go back right now and read the COMMENTS!  There are so many great suggestions!!  Also, don’t forget this month, I created a reading list for us…

…I can’t wait to discuss these four books with you girls!

See my entire post HERE.  Plus, you can see every book I’ve read so far this year HERE.

Hey local friends, I’m doing something different and hopefully kind of fun this next week…

…I’m always interested in passing on my girls’ Matilda Jane clothing to other mamas and over the years, I’ve done it a million different ways, but most of them involve shipping.  This time, I thought I’d make it easy and for all of you local mamas.  Next week, I’m going to have all of my girls’ gently worn Matilda Jane clothes for sale during the day at Andrew’s office (random, I know!).  This way, people can come and go during business hours as they please and can get some things.  He will have the items up there from 9 to 5 next week until they’re all gone.  If you’re local and want to check it out, Erika added her clothes to the bunch too, so we should have a selection from 12 months all the way through 8 years.  His address is 500 N. Custer RD suite 105 in McKinney.  Please bring cash to keep things simple.  I hope this works for many of you!

On my Day in the Life post this week, I mentioned this stuff

…I’ve probably mentioned my love for coconut oil at least 500 times over the years 🙂 .  I love it. From removing eye makeup to moisturizing skin, using it as a hair mask to soothing sunburns, it’s the BEST.  In fact, at one point I did a “stranded on a deserted island” post and said it was the one thing I would want with me.  #hellochappedlips   I’m on my third jar of this Kopari Coconut Melt this summer.  I LOVE IT!  Now, this is typically a solid unless it gets hot and then, it melts.  If yours arrives liquefied (from being outside in the heat), just let it sit on your counter a few hours and it will solidify again.  I take a little bit and rub it on my skin, in my hair…wherever…it’s a-mazing!  So is this…

…their Coconut Crush Scrub.  This is a legit body scrub with little flakes of coconut shell in there.  It takes off everything!  I use it about three times a week on my body and it’s amazing too.  One last thing (this is so not sponsored, I just really love it!)…

…I’ve never been a toner girl, but recently, I bought this one and it’s so good!  Not only does it smell nice, but I really think it’s hydrating.  I just spritz myself after I wash my face and before I apply a serum.

Oh my cuteness, look at these two rompers…

…since I live in swimsuits, I picked up both of these rompers (and a new hat), but friends, I think they’d be super cute just around town.  They’re comfy, soft and not sheer.

I’m bummed that sizes are limited in this black one because it’s really cute!

The gray one is too!

I wanted you to get a good look at the cute hat!  It’s one of those “crushable” ones so you can pack it in your suitcase and it doesn’t get damaged.  Bam.

And last but not least…

Sausage Migas Breakfast Casseroleq

…a yummy breakfast casserole for your weekend.  You need to try my SAUSAGE MIGAS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE!  It would actually be a yummy dinner too 🙂 .

That’s it for this Friday!!  Have the BEST weekend! xo

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog August 3, 2018 at 4:38 am

I really, really like the rompers you tried on, especially the grey one! I can totally see myself wearing that as well. What a simple but cute outfit! 🙂

• Reply Katie August 3, 2018 at 4:58 am

Hey Shay.
    Maybe you could donate all proceeds from your Matilda Jane sale to Manda strong?
    Just a suggestion.

• Reply Tffany August 3, 2018 at 11:47 am

This blog post started off with the Kendra Scott Benefit details stating 20% of proceeds would be donated to the Manda Strong Foundation. I am pretty sure it is safe to say Shay and her family have supported Manda and her family in ways you and I are not aware of. I suggest that perhaps you make a donation to the Manda Strong Foundation if it is something you feel strongly about.

• Reply Bev August 4, 2018 at 1:02 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought telling Shay how to donate was a bit off. From all I can tell from reading her blog, she is a very giving person.

• Reply Laurie S August 3, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Great idea!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams August 3, 2018 at 5:35 am

Awww love that KS is helping out the Manda foundation! I really want to try out that body scrub since I already use coconut oil as an after shower lotion. Happy Friday!
    xo

• Reply Tara August 3, 2018 at 5:41 am

Hi Shay! For the Kopari coconut melt, what makes it different from regular coconut oil? Love your blog!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 5:50 am

I honestly don’t think anything. If you already uses coconut oil from the grocery store, then you’re on the right page!

• Reply Liz Yu August 3, 2018 at 5:44 am

Is today your blogiversary? If so, a very happy 11th! I wanted you to know that God has used your blog to bring me closer to Jesus. Your post on the Disney Land and Sea vacation appeared in my Google news feed in March, after we returned from our own Disney adventure. I enjoyed reading your trip recap, and even more so, your path to Ashby and Madeley. Your recounting had me reading late into the night and with tears running down my face like so many of your readers. Thank you for sharing not only about your beautiful family, but more importantly, your faith and how you practice. I love my morning quiet time, reading a chapter from the Bible, my daily devotional from Jesus Calling, and then the nighttime entry in my gratitude journal. I am so thankful for that day your blog appeared in my news feed as it has brought so much positivity to my life.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 5:49 am

It is!! Thank you for remembering, Liz!! I am so grateful for your comment this morning. God bless you!

• Reply Sheaffer Sims August 3, 2018 at 6:23 am

All I can think about is that breakfast casserole. Also, fyi…the coconut melt is what saved my sunburned lips!!!!

• Reply Justyna August 3, 2018 at 6:41 am

Try the Thayers Witch Hazel toner. On amazon it has over 10,000 good reviews. I love it!!!

• Reply Katie August 3, 2018 at 6:50 am

Happy Blogiversary, Shay! Love your blog so much! A TRUE inspiration to me as a mama and Christian. By the way, was so excited to see we share the same washer/dryer set (Day in the Life post)! 😂💜

• Reply Bev August 3, 2018 at 7:20 am

Just want to say how much I enjoy your blog, too, and I’m a grandma! You have such a giving, sharing heart. When (what I find to be) inappropriate comments are left, I’m so tempted to reply and defend you but instead I’ll just say thank you and encourage you to keep doing what you do, in whatever way YOU want to! ❤️

• Reply Kristen August 3, 2018 at 7:20 am

If you don’t mind me asking, why would I buy that coconut oil instead of one from the grocery store? Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 7:38 am

You can get either! They’re both going to work amazingly well! After years of buying the Trader Joe’s version, it’s been fun trying a new brand. Either or…try it!

• Reply Kristen August 3, 2018 at 7:59 am

Thanks! 🙂

• Reply Brooke Richardson August 3, 2018 at 7:20 am

I’m with Sheaffer! I’m going to be thinking about that casserole all day. Lol

• Reply Kate August 3, 2018 at 7:24 am

You should donate the proceeds from selling your girls’ clothes to Manda’s Foundation! That would be amazing!

• Reply sydnee August 3, 2018 at 7:35 am

I’ve been hearing a lot of Kopari recently, might have to try some. Both rompers look so good on you! Happy Friday! x

Design by Sydnee | Friday Favorites + Latest Purchases 💗

• Reply Erika Slaughter August 3, 2018 at 7:40 am

That Coconut Melt and I are BFF. Someone might be embarrassed to know I’m putting this out there but Tab is pretty tight with it too. 😉

• Reply Ann Marie Tennison August 3, 2018 at 7:48 am

Just sent Michael the casserole for this weekend!! We can’t wait to try it out. AND I may have to stop by Andrews office next week! 🙂

• Reply Erin Port August 3, 2018 at 8:17 am

Maybe you should start a book club??? We all read the book together!

• Reply Julie August 3, 2018 at 8:20 am

How awesome that you are selling your MJ! I wish i was local! We have 4 kids and 3 girls and MJ is our favorite but too expensive to wear everyday. I love everything about their clothes and the mommy clothes are just as good as the kids!!! I have one question. I tried the Sephora beachy wave bumble and bumble?? spray you suggested a couple of weeks ago and LOVE it. The problem is its just too expensive for me. This was a huge splurge for me. I have a lot of hair and need to spray a good amount for it to do its thing. Can you offer us a more affordable option? I don’t have a sephora and to get it and get it shipped it was $35! Yikes!!

• Reply Julie August 3, 2018 at 8:23 am

Oh and one more thing! With school starting on Tuesday for us in MS i was wondering if you would do a lunch box food idea??? I need knew options that are easy, healthy and fast! Thanks so much!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 8:59 am

Yes!! It’s on my “to do” list!!

• Reply Angela August 3, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Julie, try Beach Babe- by Not your Mother’s for a good sea salt spray. Super inexpensive. I’m in California and our local grocery stores sell it and I am sure Target does too. I like this one a lot. Smells good too. Creates great beach waves.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 4:02 pm

I need to try it too!!

• Reply Suzanne R. August 3, 2018 at 8:34 am

What day are you selling stuff at Andrew’s office?? Is it every day next week?? I’ll have to check it out!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 8:59 am

Beginning Monday and then every day until it’s gone!

• Reply Sandi August 3, 2018 at 8:43 am

Did you do a post about the Charcoal deodorant? Was it a process to switch over from regular? Love your blog!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 8:58 am

Yes! I think it was two weeks ago!!

• Reply Mary August 3, 2018 at 9:09 am

Hi Shay, Happy Blog-a-versity! I love your blog too!!

• Reply Heather S August 3, 2018 at 9:27 am

Happy Blogaversary!! So glad you share a little sneak peak into your world with us! Love Staying updated with the Shulls!

• Reply Anna S August 3, 2018 at 9:38 am

The coconut crush scrub sounds amazing! What got my attention was the tiny bits of coconut shell. So many scrubs have those little plastic beads that are terrible for our water supply / environment. I think I’ll try it!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick August 3, 2018 at 9:50 am

That casserole…ordering groceries now and getting the stuff to make it tomorrow morning. Yummmmm!
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Janet Teeter August 3, 2018 at 9:58 am

I know earlier in the year you recommended an Amy Poeppel book. I’m reading her new one, “Limelight”. It is so good! Hope you read it some time:)

• Reply Pamm Heath August 3, 2018 at 10:03 am

Ohhhhh, how I wish I was a McKinney local. I have four granddaughter’s that would love those Matilda Jane clothes, but I hope they make some little girl feel cute as a button & fancy! Happy Anniversary – I look forward to this blog every morning with coffee. So glad I found you on my stroll through Proverbs 31! Keep up the great work!!

• Reply Lauren August 3, 2018 at 10:25 am

There’s so many single mommas and multi-parent families out there struggling to meet ends meet financially that they cant afford new wardrobe for their kids back to school. I wonder if you can find an organization in your town to donate the clothes so these precious kiddos dont have to feel ashamed going to school in theird old clothes while all their friends are arriving with pretty new outfits! Just an idea.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Oh Lauren, trust me, I do! My clothes too! There is just a big buzz around MJ stuff and I always try and accommodate people by shipping it (so much!!), so this time, I thought I’d offer it to my local friends.

• Reply Kathryn August 3, 2018 at 10:39 am

Love your blog!! Will you sell that adorable Moana costume Madeley wore last Halloween?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 3, 2018 at 4:04 pm

it’s really big, so hopefully, we still have another year or two left with it. When she outgrows it though, sure!

• Reply Janet Palachek August 3, 2018 at 11:13 am

Have you read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society? It looks so good! I just downloaded it onto my Kindle. Netflix made a movie out of it that comes out August 10th.

• Reply Amy August 3, 2018 at 11:30 am

I have that gray romper and I love it! And it’s 60% off now 😍

• Reply Melissa August 3, 2018 at 2:01 pm

There’s a Kopari set for the Nordstrom anniversary sale, there were about 3 left at Stonebriar. Good way to try a few of the products or have for travel 🙂

• Reply Robin August 3, 2018 at 3:43 pm

With all due respect to the posters above “suggesting” Shay donate proceeds from sale of clothes to Manda’s foundation, that’s HER decision to make!!!!

• Reply Jenny August 3, 2018 at 4:07 pm

Can you do an updated skincare post please?! Are you still using tula fave wash & day/night cream and how is the new morning serum going you mentioned a couple months back? Thank you!

• Reply Jessica August 3, 2018 at 5:17 pm

I have that black Loft romper and I love it! I’ve worn it to the pool and dressed it up with jewelry and cute sandals for a night out. Tried on the grey one too and it was super cozy!

• Reply Anna August 3, 2018 at 8:37 pm

Do you use the toner morning and night? Also, will you do an updated skincare? I know you started using a new serum a while back and would like to know more in depth review. Thanks!

• Reply Angela Ellingson August 3, 2018 at 11:24 pm

I started We Own The Sky today. So much more fun knowing you’re reading it this month, too. And I always love your recommendations. Thanks for sharing!