Buttery Peep Bars

Buttery Peep Bars

I’m going to go ahead and throw it out there…Kensington and I have named these Buttery Peep Bars our very favorite bar.  Ever.

I know.

You probably need a minute.

The real problem is…how are we going to make them once Peep season is over?!  Because now that we’ve had them, there is no going back.  These bars slice like a brownie, but they’re buttery like a shortbread cookie with a hint of pink and creamy goodness from our Peeps.  You need to make these before Easter gets here!!

This recipe makes one batch of bars in a 9×13 baking dish.

Shopping List
1 cup of butter
3/4 cup of white chocolate chips
4 eggs
2 cups of sugar
2 cups flour
pinch of salt
1 package of Peeps (I used 15 Peeps)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease (I used Pam) a 9×13 baking dish.  Set aside.

In a microwavable bowl, melt your butter and white chocoalte chips together stopping to stir every 30 seconds.  Once melted, set aside to cool slightly.

In a mixing bowl, beat your eggs with your sugar.  Next, beat in your melted white chocolate/butter mixture.  Then, beat in your flour followed by your salt.  (Try not to over-mix the batter.  Just beat until everything is incorporated.)  Pour half of this mixture down into your prepared baking dish, and then place your Peeps on top.  Next, pour the other half down over your peeps (the batter is thick, so I dolloped it on and then smoothed it around with my spatula).

Pop this in the oven and bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Remove bars from oven and cool just slightly before enjoying.

Here’s a picture of what mine looked like before I added the second layer of batter…

…I promise you friends, you will be making these on repeat!

Happy (almost!) Easter!

Buttery Peep Bars

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog April 11, 2019 at 5:01 am

So cute! I love how this looks, the pink is super vibrant. 🙂

• Reply Allison April 13, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I tried these tonight. I don’t recommend using the chick peeps. The center of my bars were still too gooey even after baking for 40 minutes. The bars were getting too brown so I removed them from the oven. I’m bummed that they didn’t turn out right for me.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 14, 2019 at 5:54 am

Ah! I hate that you didn’t have a good experience! Ours were definitely gooey…but we liked it that way!

• Reply Narci April 11, 2019 at 6:13 am

Yum! Presley and I are going to make these ASAP!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 11, 2019 at 8:00 am

She will LOVE them!!

• Reply Debbie Ricks April 11, 2019 at 7:40 am

I can so get on board with these. My friends and I started roasting peeps over the fire pit… yes, you should totally try it! With the coating on the peeps, they just get all crispy, and they are the best!! They totally take s’mores to the next level!

• Reply Heather O. April 11, 2019 at 8:52 am

Luckily a bunch of the holidays seem to have peeps now (Halloween & Christmas immediately come to mind). Just need to stock up the day after the holiday when they’re all 70% off! I may need to make these, my dad LOVES peeps!

• Reply Briana April 11, 2019 at 1:47 pm

Do the peeps melt?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 11, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Yesssss…into a delicious goodness!!!

• Reply Charly April 15, 2019 at 6:32 am

I’m totally making these this week!! How many servings does it make? Rich enough to cut into small bars?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 15, 2019 at 7:26 am

Yes! I think you can easily get 12 out.

• Reply Nadine April 15, 2019 at 12:11 pm

You can buy Peeps all year long on the Peeps & Co website ( or you can google the parent company JustBorn.com and click on “shop now”). Just Born is the parent company in Bethlehem PA and they have a whole list of yummy candies. Just sayin’!

• Reply Kaitlyn April 18, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Mine didn’t work out!! The peeps started getting brown and the batter wasn’t even fully baked. So sad.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 18, 2019 at 3:29 pm

Oh boo! Did you have a layer of batter covering them?

• Reply Andrea April 20, 2019 at 9:47 pm

The same thing happened to me and the batter is still liquid after 30+ min of baking…have to take them out 🙁

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 21, 2019 at 6:18 am

I’m sorry! I even made them again this week and ours turned out great again!

• Reply Emily April 18, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Very fun! I am planning to make some with my daughter this weekend!! Did you use plain or self-rising flour? Thank you!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 18, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Your basic all-purpose flour.

• Reply Emily April 20, 2019 at 7:44 pm

I recommend putting the peeps down first and then pouring the batter over them. I also recommend cooking at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes so that’s the peeps don’t brown too much. First batch I followed this recipe and cooking instructions and they didn’t turn out well (uncooked inside and burnt peeps on outside). Second time I prepared them my way and they were really good. The recipe is delicious and adorable, though!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 21, 2019 at 6:18 am

Instead of splitting the batter? I guess that’s one way to do it too! I’m glad you enjoyed them!

• Reply Milana April 20, 2019 at 9:03 pm

I made these tonight and they turned out great! My peeps kept their shape and you can even see the bunny shape after they were baked. Very festive!

• Reply Tal April 23, 2019 at 8:10 pm

Making these now but my batter was not thick. I followed recipe exactly and my batter is very runny, does not look like your batter in the picture😳….and I used chic peeps, probably should have cut the heads off so it would bake evenly😒

• Reply Mix and Match Mama April 23, 2019 at 8:52 pm

My friend Keisha used the chicks and cut them in half.

• Reply Tal April 23, 2019 at 9:42 pm

It turned out completely done with 5 extra minutes of cook time. I was worried it wouldn’t get done since my batter was so runny. It turned out good! I am taking to a potluck tomorrow for work