Nantucket 2019 PART 3

It’s the third and final installment of our summer vacation recap to Nantucket.

Boo.

I like these recaps because they remind me of the many reasons why I love Nantucket so much!!

If you missed the other posts, make sure you go back and revisit them…
PART ONE
PART TWO

And…here’s PART THREE

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

Good morning from Nantucket!

So, the weather was spectacular the first three days we were there and then not so great the second two days.  We woke up on this morning to rain and decided that was the perfect weather for…

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

…a good old-fashioned diner breakfast!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

Would you like to know why Madeley is so sad?  It wasn’t her turn to sit by me at breakfast.  Hahahaha!  Andrew is always like “why don’t you guys fight over who gets to sit next to me?!”.

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

After breakfast, we decided to spend the rainy morning in…

…the Whaling Museum!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

There is so much to learn about Nantucket along with whaling in this museum.  Plus, they had a few other exhibits too.  It was a great way to spend a rainy morning!

Oh hey there big whale!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

We climbed to the top of the museum to take in the views of Nantucket.

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

The rain stopped for a bit, so we strolled over to Main Street.  Then, it was time for lunch at…

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

We arrived just in time because as soon as we were seated under their awning, it started pouring!

Rain plus…

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

…a lobster roll is my kind of fun!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

After lunch, we read some more on the porch of our hotel.  Rainy days and reading just go hand in hand.  This afternoon was really lazy.  We read, the kids played around at the hotel (The Nantucket Hotel is really kid-friendly with even a big kid play area on the “basement” level with games, crafts, coloring, a pool table and so much more!) and we just relaxed.  We had intended to go to the beach twice on this trip, but…when the weather doesn’t cooperate, you have to punt and do something else.

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

Later that evening, we got out for our last supper in Nantucket.

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

We had reservations at Cru which is right on the water at the dock.  We ate in a cozy booth since it was raining again outside.

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

After a rainy, lazy day, this girl needed a nap.  I loooooove how she folded her hands!!!

This boy is so sweet!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

I, of course, enjoyed another lobster roll.  Two in one day?  YES!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

The rain let up for a minute, and we walked through town.  See my bigs up there?

And then, it started pouring…

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

…but that didn’t stop us from cramming inside The Juice Bar 🙂 .

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

Even though it was raining, it was a great day.

The next day, we didn’t have to be at the airport until 2:00, so we woke up and headed back here for breakfast…

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

…we wanted to hit some of our favorite spots on our last day.  The weather was GORGEOUS!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

For our last lunch, we took the kids here because we knew they would love the atmosphere!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

When you’re inside, it feels like you’re in a really old pub from way back when.

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

My last meal was a great one!

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

And then of course, we had to hit up The Juice Bar once more before we flew home.

, Nantucket 2019 PART 3

Awe!  That wraps up Nantucket.

I hope you guys see why we love it so much!  I’m already looking forward to our trip there next year.

One more little piece of news before I call it a day.  Mix and Match Travel Agency’s new website is finally up and running!  It’s just a great place to get you connected to the Mix and Match Travel family.  We still prefer to work one on one with every customer because we really feel like a personal relationship is really what builds a great vacation, but we now have a site that you can share with your friends, favorite for future use and whatnot.  All of our trips are custom and tailored to the individual, so you find pricing and packages, but you will be able to now direct people there if you ever want to pass on our info and/or share who we are.

I hope you guys have a wonderful Wednesday!  I’ll see you back here tomorrow!

• Reply Erika Slaughter July 24, 2019 at 4:56 am

I’m sad to see the recaps are over. They were FUN to read!!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog July 24, 2019 at 5:29 am

I love blogging because it feels like I can relive my vacations twice! Thanks for the recaps – they were super fun to read! 🙂

• Reply Holly Sandkamp July 24, 2019 at 5:34 am

Thank you for sharing!! Looks amazing!! When would you say is the best time of year to visit Nantucket?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 24, 2019 at 6:47 am

In my personal opinion, my favorite trips are always during the fall because it’s just beautiful there. That being said, summer is so delightful too!

• Reply Taylor July 24, 2019 at 6:03 am

Thank you for all the work you put into your travel posts! They are very informative.

• Reply Amanda July 24, 2019 at 6:17 am

I love reading about your trips! I now want to add Nantucket HIGHER on my travel bucket list!! Do you guys ever get groceries and make breakfast/lunch in your hotel room? I love eating out but I feel like that would be the bulk of our spending budget! Just curious!

• Reply Nicole July 24, 2019 at 6:23 am

I want a lobster roll for breakfast now! YUM!! Do you and Andrew typically order cocktails? What’s your go to?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 24, 2019 at 6:46 am

On vacation, we like to ask them what they’re known for. It’s always fun to see what that restaurant’s signature drink is.

• Reply Sheaffer Sims July 24, 2019 at 6:26 am

SHAY!!!!!!! I’m so excited for you for the website! It looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply Gillian July 24, 2019 at 6:28 am

I love love loved your Nantucket series, you travel so well and share all the good tips and tricks! (it’s no wonder your travel agency works so well!) The kiddos are just TOO cute, Madeley being said because she couldn’t sit by you is the sweetest thing. I’m so badly trying to convince my partner that we need to visit Nantucket sometime soon, but it’s so dang far from England!

• Reply Elspeth July 24, 2019 at 7:35 am

I love all the smiling faces! Looks so fun, so glad you had a fun and relaxing time!

• Reply Clare Butler July 24, 2019 at 7:47 am

Such a fun trip! I want to go to Nantucket so BAD!!! It made me start to feel like I’m ready for cozy fall weather already!

• Reply Grace Hoosier July 24, 2019 at 7:58 am

I’ve never been but Nantucket is now on my list! If your kids enjoyed the Whaling museum, I highly recommend the book Shipwrecked: The True Adventures of a Japanese Boy. It is so good, it follows the life of a boy shipwrecked and picked up by a whaling ship. It goes into great detail about whaling. I read it aloud to my 4 boys and we all loved it.

• Reply Mary July 24, 2019 at 8:26 am

I have lived in New England my whole life and never have been to Nantucket. Must add to the list!
    Also, now that I know you love a lobster roll I must recommend, Luke’s Lobster. Next time you are in NYC or Boston you must check them out. Luke is from Maine and truly has the best lobster roll around! It is a fast casual environment you can eat in or take it to go. You won’t be disappointed 🙂

• Reply Mary July 24, 2019 at 8:38 am

love to travel thru you!!
    random question.. what mascara did you use.. lashes look so nice!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 24, 2019 at 8:50 am

Mac Haute and Naughty for YEARS! Plus, that NeuLash serum I always talk about!!

• Reply Sara July 24, 2019 at 8:49 am

You always looks so nice and put together on vacation. I, mostly, look busted!!! Nantucket looks like a fun couples spot; I am not sure my daughter could do with all the time spent in restaurants…she’s a bit high energy! But this mama could FOR SURE!!!! LOL!

• Reply Lauren July 24, 2019 at 8:54 am

Are your kids happy when you decide to read on the porch of the hotel or were any of them upset with that? I love that you guys read so much on this trip but just curious how your 4 kids handled that? I feel like a lot of kids would throw a fit! Haha!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 24, 2019 at 10:17 am

This trip, they loved it because we bought them all new books at those two bookstores. I don’t know how they would have felt otherwise, but they were highly motivated to dive into their new reads (even Madeley had new books!). When it’s raining, you just have to punt and make a Plan B.

• Reply Alyssa July 24, 2019 at 8:56 am

Love love love your travel recaps!
    We just took one of our summer trips to Martha’s Vineyard at the beginning of the month- One of my absolute favorite places on this earth! We haven’t been to Nantucket yet but we have a trip planned there for the end of September! Have you ever been in the Fall? Do you find that everything that is open in the Summer is still open in the Fall? I know on MV some of the restaurants and Shops close at the end of the summer season

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 24, 2019 at 10:16 am

Yes! My parents still go almost every single fall. It’s our favorite time to be there!!

• Reply Elizabeth July 24, 2019 at 8:56 am

I have been loving your Nantucket recaps! Honestly, Nantucket has never really been on my list of places to go, I just dont feel like much of a New England-y type person, but after this I totally want to visit there. It looks so cute and family friendly too! Definitely need to plan a trip there in the near future. I am hoping maybe next summer or fall!

• Reply MelanieL July 24, 2019 at 8:57 am

Loved the Nantucket recaps! Awesome website and small world, I recognize one of your clients from my kid’s school! 🙂 Have a great day!

• Reply Erin July 24, 2019 at 9:06 am

LOOOOOOVE the website!!

• Reply Narci July 24, 2019 at 9:10 am

This recap has been one of my favorites. You guys were meant to be in Nantucket. So fun, and I love the pics!

• Reply Ralinn July 24, 2019 at 9:43 am

Lobster for breakfast, lunch and dinner …. yes!!! I definitely want to go to Nantucket.
    Ashby is getting so tall. Madeley’s folded hands are adorable. Congratulations on your travel website.

• Reply Tamra July 24, 2019 at 10:19 am

Of all of the lobster rolls you enjoyed, which was your favorite?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 24, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Oh gosh! That’s such a hard one! Okay…I think I’m going to say…The Tavern. But that’s realllly hard!

• Reply Taylor July 24, 2019 at 10:24 am

Now I’m craving a lobster roll for breakfast 🙂 Since you had quite a few this trip–which restaurant had your favorite??

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams July 24, 2019 at 10:29 am

I love these type of recaps too! I just did one on Newport, RI but I’m so excited to visit Nantucket even more now!! Checking out the travel website!

• Reply Diana July 24, 2019 at 12:44 pm

I love that your kids wanted to read books on vacation too! (better than screen time!) I hope my kiddos will grow up like that 🙂

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick July 24, 2019 at 1:51 pm

Nantucket looks so good on you, friend! Love that last pic of you and Miss Madeley! ❤
    That Inspired Chick

• Reply Heather July 24, 2019 at 1:54 pm

Love this post. Looks like you all had a wonderful trip. We visited Boston, Cape Cod and Martha’s Vineyard twelve years ago. Now that my boys are 10 and 13; I want to take them there. I am baking your “Celebration White” bundt cake right now for my father-in-law’s birthday. It smells heavenly!

• Reply Sarah July 24, 2019 at 1:56 pm

Have you ever thought about taking a trip to Maine? You would love it!

• Reply Casey July 24, 2019 at 2:37 pm

Would you say that it is less crowded in the fall? We live 10 minutes from the beach in Charleston, SC so going to the beach isn’t a priority. So, it could be a little cooler. I’m more concerned with crowds, ha!

• Reply Kacy M July 24, 2019 at 5:40 pm

I love your hair!

• Reply Tammy July 26, 2019 at 11:16 am

Does the hotel have a pool? If yes, is it heated or was the water too cold for swimming?

• Reply Mix and Match Mama July 27, 2019 at 6:32 am

Yes! It did have a pool, and it was heated!! We never swam in it because my kids wanted to visit the beach instead…that darn rain interrupted our plans though.

• Reply Lyla warden July 29, 2019 at 2:12 pm

We are for sure adding this place to our bucket list! We just recently went to Charleston NC and we loved it. You guys should check that place out! Lots of history and great beaches!

• Reply Lila Warden July 29, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Sorry meant SC

• Reply Mother of 3 July 31, 2019 at 6:08 am

You all sound just like my husband with all that lobster… I actually love almost all seafood but am not that big a fan of lobster.