Juicy peaches give this salsa a fun twist! Add it to easy to make tacos and your supper went from normal to exceptional in no time flat!
- about a pound or a pound in a half of shredded chicken
- 2½ tablespoons chili powder
- the zest and juice of one lime
- a big pinch of both salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- a handful of cilantro, chopped
- crumbled feta cheese, to garnish
- 8 crunchy taco shells, toasted in the oven
- I like to first make my salsa. In a bowl, combine the onion, peaches, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro. Stir everything together and cover and chill in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. (This mixture makes a great salsa with chips too!)
- Next, get your chicken ready. I like to use my slow cooker to poach my chicken. Once my chicken is cooked, I shred it in a big bowl and then add in my chili powder, lime zest, lime juice and a nice pinch of salt and pepper.
- When your chicken is ready, it’s time to assemble your tacos. Stuff your shells with chicken and then sprinkle down your peach salsa followed by crumbled feta cheese. You can garnish with a bit more cilantro too if you like.
- It’s as easy as that!
For poaching your chicken in the slow cooker, all you do is take your chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless) and place it in your slow cooker with enough water to cover. Cover and cook on low up to 8 hours or on high for about 3 hours. Remove lid, take out your chicken and it will shred up so easily for you. It’s my favorite way to quickly poach chicken!