Whether you want an easy Tex-Mex inspired supper or a little appetizer to serve a crowd, these little baked taquitos come together with your perfect chicken from the slow cooker.
It’s really easy because all you do is assemble, bake and enjoy!
Happy Taquito Tuesday!Print
These little taquitos would make an easy dinner or yummy appetizer. Let your slow cooker poach the chicken and then all you need to do is assemble, bake and enjoy!
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 pound of cooked and shredded chicken (use my Perfect Chicken method)
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- about 8 green onions, chopped
- 1½ cups of cooked rice (I used brown)
- about a cup of cheese, we used Queso Fresco but you could use Monterrey Jack too
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray (for easy clean up). Lay all six tortillas flat on the baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add your cooked and shredded chicken and BBQ sauce. Stir to combine. Next, stir in your black beans, corn kernels and chopped green onions. Take your rice and divide it among your tortillas (spooning it down the middle of each one). Next, spoon your chicken and bean mixture down the middles of each tortilla. Finally, sprinkle your cheese down. Roll up each tortilla and place seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Pop your taquitos in the oven and bake about 20 minutes. When they start to brown and crisp just a little, remove them from the oven and serve immediately
This is a great recipe for leftovers! Use your leftover poached chicken or rice the next night for an entirely different recipe. This recipe makes 6 taquitos and can easily be doubled.