Chop, drop and walk away while your Instant Pot does all the work on this easy weeknight supper!
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14 oz) packages of fully cooked kielbasa style sausage links (I use a turkey sausage), cut into rounds
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- salt and pepper
- Chopped basil to garnish
- In your Instant Pot over the saute setting, add in your EVOO along with your bell peppers and onions. Let this saute about 4 minutes.
- Next, add in your sausage rounds and garlic. Brown your sausage up just a few minutes in the Instant Pot.
- Then, stir in your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and a pinch of both salt and pepper.
- After that, place the lid on your Instant Pot and set it to the MANUEL setting for 9 minutes.
- When your 9 minutes are over, allow your Instant Pot to release naturally. Remove the lid and stir your sausage, peppers and onions.
- Ladle this mixture on top of your favorite pasta, gnocchi, or rice. Garnish with a bit of chopped basil and dinner is done!
It will take about 12 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to the correct pressure and then about another 12 minutes for the pressure to release. All in all, expect this to take about 40 minutes from start to finish.