Instant Pot Sausage, Peppers & Onions

, Instant Pot Sausage, Peppers & Onions

Looking for a super simple supper to pop in the Instant Pot?  Try my Sausage, Peppers & Onions!

All you do is chop, drop and walk away.  A little bit later, you’ll come back and dinner is done!  We served ours over Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi, but of course, you could serve it over pasta, rice, or quinoa too!  This really couldn’t be simpler!  Who doesn’t love a weeknight dinner like that?!

, Instant Pot Sausage, Peppers & Onions

Instant Pot Easy Sausage, Peppers & Onions

• Author: Mix and Match Mama
  • Prep Time: 5 minutes
  • Cook Time: 30
  • Total Time: 35 minutes
  • Yield: 4 1x

Description

Chop, drop and walk away while your Instant Pot does all the work on this easy weeknight supper!

Scale

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
  • 2 red bell peppers, sliced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 (14 oz) packages of fully cooked kielbasa style sausage links (I use a turkey sausage), cut into rounds
  • 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
  • 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
  • 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)
  • salt and pepper
  • Chopped basil to garnish

Instructions

1. In your Instant Pot over the saute setting, add in your EVOO along with your bell peppers and onions.  Let this saute about 4 minutes.
  2. Next, add in your sausage rounds and garlic.  Brown your sausage up just a few minutes in the Instant Pot.
  3. Then, stir in your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and a pinch of both salt and pepper.
  4. After that, place the lid on your Instant Pot and set it to the MANUEL setting for 9 minutes.
  5. When your 9 minutes are over, allow your Instant Pot to release naturally.  Remove the lid and stir your sausage, peppers and onions.
  6. Ladle this mixture on top of your favorite pasta, gnocchi, or rice.  Garnish with a bit of chopped basil and dinner is done!

Notes

It will take about 12 minutes for the Instant Pot to come to the correct pressure and then about another 12 minutes for the pressure to release.  All in all, expect this to take about 40 minutes from start to finish.

, Instant Pot Sausage, Peppers & Onions

• Reply Addison August 21, 2019 at 9:26 am

I love using my Instant Pot for quick and easy meals like this one. So good!

• Reply Christina August 21, 2019 at 9:44 am

Can you make an oven or crock pot version of this recipe? Thank you 😊

• Reply Valerie August 21, 2019 at 12:14 pm

THANK YOU for including the time it takes to come to pressure, and the time it takes to release! I have found so many of the Instant Pot recipes out there very misleading when it come to the “actual” time it will take for the meal to cook. I haven’t given up on mine yet, but more often I find I can cook whatever it is faster on the stove. I try and use it only for things that I would have done in a slow cooker, but can cook faster in the Instant Pot. Love your recipes!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama August 21, 2019 at 12:37 pm

Thank YOU for the feedback! That was the part that surprised me the most when I started trying other people’s IP recipes. I would misjudge the timing because of not taking into account the pressure.

• Reply Taylor August 21, 2019 at 12:19 pm

If you haven’t, try putting the Trader Joe’s gnocchi in the air fryer! I usually do the cauliflower gnocchi in there and it’s my favorite way to cook them–they get nice and crispy on the outside but are still soft on the inside.

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog August 21, 2019 at 11:47 pm

Wish I had an Instant Pot for this… looks delicious! ❤️✨

• Reply Tracy August 22, 2019 at 12:48 am

That is one thing that surprised me too when I started using my instant pot. Waiting for it to come to pressure added more cook time. Now that I know that I can plan better! Also, when you use the saute function it comes to pressure faster than just starting from a cold pot (if a recipe doesn’t need sautéing.)

• Reply Joanne August 22, 2019 at 12:38 pm

I finally bought an Instant pot this summer and have been looking for easy recipes to try. My husband and I like sausage and peppers so will try your recipe.

• Reply Addie August 23, 2019 at 6:13 pm

Hi shay this my family’s favorite instant pot recipe! My family loves Chinese food and we love the instant pot! I still use my slow cooker more but the instant pot does come in handy! You really should try this recipe!