1st Day of Pre-K!

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

Yesterday was Miss Madeley’s first day of Pre-K!

Friends, this is the first time in 11 years that I haven’t been home with a kiddo during the week.  Now, all four Shull kids officially go to school five days a week.  I wasn’t ready, BUT SHE SURE WAS!  Madeley was SO excited about starting school!  She’s been counting down since the big kids all started back.  This girl loves her new school!

Since we’re talking Pre-K, I thought I’d take a little stroll down memory lane…

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

…look how sweet they all look!!  They all got too big too quickly.

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

Last winter, after 8.5 years at the same preschool, we made a switch to a new school and even though it was a decision that weighed so heavily on me, it was the RIGHT one for this kiddo.  She absolutely grew and thrived the second semester.

At her new school, the Pre-K program is either 2, 3 or 5 days a week and after much prayer, chatting with her speech therapist, asking Ashby’s kinder teacher from last year questions and other discussion, we decided to enroll her in the five day a week program.  Now, thankfully, there will still be some Fridays where we get to “play”, but for the most part, this girly is in school now full-time too.  On Friday morning, we went to Meet the Teacher where we saw her new classroom and met her two new teachers.  They were absolutely precious and M talked all weekend about how she was ready to go.  This mama heart might have been sad, but it made me so happy to see her enthusiasm.

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

She picked “princesses” for the backpack this year which made me smile, and then, I must give a HUGE shout out to someone I’ve never met before but has made all four of my kiddos’ nap mats…Precious ‘n Prosper on Etsy.  This is Madeley’s third year with her nap mat (they don’t nap in Pre-K but rest after lunch and recess a minute) and look how good it still looks after many, many washings!

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

We had to get a back pic too 🙂 !

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

All ready to load up and GO!

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

A quick pic inside the building before she walked into class.  I just love this kiddo so much!!  I know she’s going to have a great year.  The thing about adoption is that you miss out on so much at the beginning of their lives.  I missed 23 months of Madeley…but boy, I am so overwhelmed with thankfulness that I’ve gotten to be there for every day since then.  This kid is so special to me, and I am so thankful to be her mama.

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

I immediately left school a little teary and cheered myself up with Starbucks 😉 .

That’s it for Pre-K!  Friends, don’t forget about this…

, 1st Day of Pre-K!

…my #allthefall Giveaway is happening NOW!  If you want to win one of these fun kitchen gadgets, you need to check out yesterday’s post HERE.

• Reply Erika Slaughter September 4, 2019 at 4:46 am

She was READY when we saw her before school yesterday! So glad to hear she had such a great day!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 4, 2019 at 4:50 am

Madeley looks super adorable! Hope she’s enjoying pre-k so far! 🙂

• Reply Sheaffer Sims September 4, 2019 at 5:27 am

That little girl is going to do BIG things! And I love the piggies. 🙂

• Reply Jen September 4, 2019 at 5:36 am

What color is tour nails??? Love it! And Madeley is absolutely precious!

• Reply sherry deving September 4, 2019 at 6:07 am

It can be tough when that last one leaves! Glad Miss Madeley is ready though!

• Reply Paula September 4, 2019 at 6:12 am

Your kiddos are precious! I don’t comment often, but I read daily. I loved all the responses you received on IG with Andrew & the Air Fryer. Hope to see that update. Inquiring minds want to know. 😂🤔

• Reply Nicole September 4, 2019 at 6:24 am

What did you get from starbucks??

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 4, 2019 at 8:07 am

A grande pike in a vente cup with one pump of pumpkin and a splash of cream 🙂

• Reply Leslie S September 4, 2019 at 12:59 pm

OOoh, this sounds so good! I’m ordering this tomorrow – this doesn’t seem overly sweet and perfect to dream of fall (in SC we have awhile to wait!) The weather says summer… my heart says FALL

• Reply Lara September 4, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Ok – really silly question – do you get a grande in a venti cup so that there is more room to add additional milk/cream? XO – Starbucks Dummy 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 4, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Great question and yes, that’s why! Plus, I don’t like my cup to be so super full (I think it seeps out of the lid that way), so this just buys me space at the top. xo

• Reply Kait September 4, 2019 at 6:37 am

Hi Shay – where is your T-shirt from, I’ve been looking for one in that color 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 4, 2019 at 8:05 am

It was on my Friday Favorites post just last week!! I love the color too!

• Reply Elspeth September 4, 2019 at 7:15 am

I can’t believe she is already in Pre-K! Time has gone so fast! I love the throwback photo!

• Reply Julie September 4, 2019 at 7:50 am

I’m right there with you. Wondering where the days went when all three of my kids were home with me? Now they are almost as tall as I am! Now, most important, (LOL), what is your new fall Apple Watch band color? I can’t tell if it’s black or purple but it’s really pretty!

• Reply Tarah Sanford September 4, 2019 at 8:28 am

Can you give any insight into your decision to do 5 days a week of Pre-K?! My oldest started 5 days of Pre-K this year; he’s exhausted and a little overwhelmed. Trying to figure out if we power through or if we consider dropping to 3 days a week. Pickup is also really messing up little brother’s nap time! 🙂

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 4, 2019 at 9:31 am

It was so hard! None of my other kiddos went that many days a week to preschool, but after a lot of chatting with both her speech therapist and the teacher she will most likely have for kinder, it just seemed like the right decision to make sure she’s prepared for kinder.

• Reply Emily September 4, 2019 at 8:28 am

Aww so sweet!! Hey, can you share wear your two bracelets are from that you’re wearing with your watch? Thanks!! xo

• Reply Emily September 4, 2019 at 8:29 am

Oops! Meant “where” not “wear” 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 4, 2019 at 9:29 am

The solid one is Tory Burch and the other one is J Crew!

• Reply Katie September 4, 2019 at 9:01 am

How is it possible you’ve had babies at home for 11 years? You seriously look 22 in the picture with Madeley above.

• Reply JDV September 4, 2019 at 9:08 am

I love your bracelets! Are they currently available?

• Reply Sonia September 4, 2019 at 11:18 am

She just has the sweetest, happiest grin on her face, and she looks so proud of herself. So incredibly precious!

• Reply Hallee September 4, 2019 at 3:10 pm

What does madeley like to pack in her lunch? I’m always looking for ideas for my 3 year old.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 5, 2019 at 4:34 am

Applesauce, yogurt, cheese stick, goldfish/pretzels/chips, and then yesterday, she had a ham and cheese roll up (the day before, a turkey corn dog from Trader Joe’s…it’s always something different!).

• Reply Mary September 4, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Hi shay! I have a question about yours PROVOLONE STUFFED MEATBALLS. They are on my meal plan for tomorrow but when I went grocery shopping yesterday I forgot to pick up bread crumbs. We are 100% out and I’m not sure what I should use as a replacement. Any ideas? Thanks

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 5, 2019 at 4:33 am

Do you have like Saltine crackers? You can crush those and they’re a great substitute!

• Reply Corbie September 4, 2019 at 5:57 pm

That smile!! I am so happy she is so happy for school! Go Madeley!!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick September 4, 2019 at 6:32 pm

She’s just so stinkin’ cute!! I love her little shoes!!

• Reply Kacy M September 4, 2019 at 6:55 pm

So sweet!!!

• Reply Riley September 4, 2019 at 7:45 pm

Is madeley going to be having her 5th birthday party at the same cute little place that both Kensington and Ashby had their 5th birthdays? Just curious!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 5, 2019 at 4:33 am

That’s what I suggested to her, but she picked some place else instead!! Maybe she’ll have it there when she turns six??

• Reply Ralinn September 4, 2019 at 10:49 pm

Madeley has such a beautiful smile. Your children have grown so much.

• Reply Liz Thorson September 5, 2019 at 1:14 am

Madeley is so very precious! She looks like she has so much personality and adores life and every second she is awake! She must be so much fun to watch grow and develop! She appears to be over the top enthusiastic about life, always up for adventure!❤️

• Reply Kim C September 5, 2019 at 4:30 am

This year is my first in 10 years without someone at home most of the day with me. Our youngest is in afternoon preschool but by the time he gets on and off the bus it’s still 4.5 hours of quiet time. It sure is different!
    On a happy note — where did you get that adorable pumpkin shirt in your instastories yesterday?! It’s perfectly fall! 🎃🍁🍃🍂🧡