Okay, friends, I have been waiting for these little sliders to pop up on my blogging calendar because they are so dang delicious!
This isn’t even a recipe, it’s just an idea for the next time you want a fun twist on burger night, have company coming over, want to serve a really hearty appetizer, etc. We made small little burger patties and built a very yummy burger (hello, Catalina dressing!) and then put them on a Hawaiian Roll and baked them in the oven. They were insane! You could obviously build yours any way you like, but I thought our mix was just right! The weekend is calling and it says to make my Baked Cheeseburger Sliders!Print
Baked Cheeseburger Sliders
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 sliders 1x
Whether you’re looking for a twist on burger night, hearty appetizers or food for a crowd, these Baked Cheeseburger Sliders will be a hit!
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- about 2 tablespoons of your favorite steak seasoning
- about 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Catalina salad dressing (for drizzling, you won’t need the whole bottle)
- All of your favorite burger toppings: mustard, chopped red onion, dill pickles, etc.
- a dozen dinner rolls (we used King’s Hawaiian Rolls)
- a little butter to top each slider
- Preheat your outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Also, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- First, you need to make your burger patties! In a mixing bowl, combine your ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, and steak seasoning together. Divide this mixture into 12 sections and make 12 small patties (make sure to press down each patty a little in the center to avoid the “burger bulge” when they grill).
- Add your burger patties to the grill and begin grilling (we do about 3 minutes or so each side). Remove patties and then assemble burgers.
- Take each roll and build your slider: patty, shredded cheese, toppings, a drizzle of your Catalina dressing and then top it with the other side of the roll.
- Place all of your sliders in a lightly greased (I used Pam) 9×12 baking dish and then put just a little butter on the tops of each one.
- Pop them in the oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
If you’re making these for a crowd, they’re really easy because you can assemble them in advance and just pop them in the oven at the last minute. Super simple!
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog says
I actually prefer sliders over the real thing, haha! I love how petite and cute they are. This looks delicious, Shay! 🙂
Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog
Erika Slaughter says
Catalina really doesn’t get enough credit. These look SO GOOD!
Mix and Match Mama says
These sliders are speaking my love language. They look delicious!
I love sliders!!
Debbie Lang says
I made these yesterday to eat during the Cowboy game. They were a hit and so yummy!! Catalina dressing who would have thought makes a difference?
Mix and Match Mama says
Woohoo!!!! Too bad the Cowboys didn’t win!