Friday Favorites!

Happy Friday, friends!!

Today’s a special day because at the kiddos’ school, it’s Grandparents’ Day, and they get all four grandparents up there for lunch.  I am so thankful for mine and Andrew’s parents who are excited to sit through three elementary school lunches 😉 .  It’s going to be a great way to kick off the kids’ weekend for sure!  This weekend, we have no beautiful fall weather.  We have hot, hot, hot for soccer,volleyball and baseball.  I’m trying as hard as I can to channel the fall weather but it’s not working 😉 .

This is me…right now…

, Friday Favorites!

Okay, A random thought for those of you who are Game of Thrones fans…I’m starting to really like it.  Now, I’m halfway through season 7, so it’s probably about dang time, BUT I find myself really getting into it these days.  Things are happening.  Characters I like are in the show longer than 2 minutes.  I’m anxious to see what’s going to happen next.  I mean, it only took six seasons, but I finally got there. 😉

Happy Friday, everyone!  Just like always, I’m linking up with my girls Erika, Narci and Andrea and sharing my random assortment of favorite things today!  Have a great weekend!!

, Friday Favorites!

Did you guys see my FALL READING LIST this week?  It’s totally one of my faves…

, Friday Favorites!

…I picked some books that I think would be perfect alongside a Pumpkin Spice Latte and cozy blanket.  Have you girls read any of these?  I was sitting here trying to think of my favorite in this bunch, but honest to goodness, I really like them all! Let me know if you’re reading any fall books from either this list or this one (from last year)…

, Friday Favorites!

So, as you know, Kensington loves wearing fall and Christmas tees to school.  On Wednesday, she came downstairs and asked if we could match that day and friends, I could not resist 🙂 .  I’ve been buying fall tees off of Jane.com because they have such a big variety and are really reasonably priced.  The prints/styles come and go as they stock and sell out, but if you just search them on there, you’ll find them.  I wasn’t planning on wearing my pumpkin tee this week, but I wasn’t going to say no to “matching” my almost 11 year old.  I’m pretty sure she won’t be asking me too much longer.

, Friday Favorites!

I love this kiddo so much!  Her enthusiasm for all things fall makes my heart HAPPY!

, Friday Favorites!

Matchy, matchy!  Who doesn’t love a pumpkin tee?!

I have a random one for you…now, I don’t have any of these shoes, but I saw them this week and thought they were totally cute enough to be a Friday Favorite…

, Friday Favorites!

…right?!  They’re Toms booties!  They come in several solid colors, but I really liked this leopard print pair. Wouldn’t they be cute with jeans and a sweater?  I was actually looking on Toms website for Kensington some birthday shoes when I saw them and thought you ladies might like them too.

, Friday Favorites!

Ashby has her official first soccer game tomorrow morning!  Eeeeeks!  She went to her first practice for the season this week and LOVED it!  I’m so proud of this kid!

, Friday Favorites!

Um, look how cute this bracelet is for fall

, Friday Favorites!

…isn’t it so cute?!  Sheaffer is always wearing the cutest Victoria Emerson bracelets and so, I bought one too.  Love!

, Friday Favorites!

Now, I don’t mean to sound super dramatic here, but friends…I found a new dry shampoo, and it’s the best one I’ve ever used.

Ever.

, Friday Favorites!

It’s this one right here

, Friday Favorites!

…I tried a million and always go back to this one, but now, I cannot imagine using another one besides this First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo.  Here’s why I like it: smells nice, does not make my hair feel gritty/dirty/icky, really makes my hair feel (and look!) fresh, brushes out clean.  Seriously, I read the reviews and that’s why I bought it, but now, I’m a huge believer myself.  LOVE.IT.

, Friday Favorites!

I was reading my Southern Living magazine (I think that’s the one) and saw this mentioned…

, Friday Favorites!

…it’s this towel turban thing for after you wash your hair.  It claims to dry your hair faster and then make blow drying easier and honest to goodness, I think it’s working!  I’ve been using it and even shared it with Kensington and I really love it!!  Do you guys use this already?  Am I the last to know???

, Friday Favorites!

Now, it wouldn’t be September if I didn’t share…

APPLE RECIPES!

Today, I have 24 FALL APPLE RECIPES!  From sweet to savory, breakfasts to desserts, dips, entrees, breads and more, I have all you need that’s apple right HERE.

And last but not least, I have winners from my #allthefall GIVEAWAY!

, Friday Favorites!

Four lucky ladies will each get to pick between one of these three things right here.  Ready to see if you won?!

Okay, congrats goes to TEGAN MONCRIEF, BRONWYN ANN, ANGELA TOMASCO and GINA LEARY!

Yay!!  You won!!  I emailed each of you this morning.  Please email me back ASAP to claim your prize!!!

In the meantime, everyone else have the BEST weekend!  I’ll see you back here on Monday!

, Friday Favorites!

• Reply Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog September 6, 2019 at 4:47 am

Haha, that expectations vs reality photo is spot on! Especially in Hong Kong where I live – it’s hot out until December here… Have a lovely weekend, Shay! 🙂

• Reply Sheaffer Sims September 6, 2019 at 5:30 am

I have a towel like that and I 100% agree that it works!!! AND THOSE BOOTIES!

• Reply Narci September 6, 2019 at 5:43 am

What a great list of favorites! And Ashby all decked out for soccer is just the cutest!

• Reply Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams September 6, 2019 at 5:45 am

Love the pumpkin tees you and K have on! I think Season 7 was the best of GoT in my opinion so I totally get it. Can’t wait to hear what you think of the end. Good luck to Ashby in her soccer game!! Happy Friday!

• Reply Mary September 6, 2019 at 5:59 am

Happy Friday:). What color and size are your Nickel & Suede earrings? Thank you!

• Reply Amy September 6, 2019 at 6:17 am

Hi, Shay! Have you ever read September by Rosamunde Pilcher? She wrote Shell Seekers and Winter Solstice…two books I loved. I just ordered September and thought of you because of the title and your love of all things fall!! Happy Friday!

• Reply Diane Moore September 6, 2019 at 10:20 am

I read all those books (and many of her earlier ones which weren’t as good but still good enough). September was my favorite! I hope you enjoy it. I read it about 20 years ago for the first time and read it again every 5 years or so. That book convinced me I wanted a dog. She has a way of evoking a lifestyle you want to emulate. Not fancy, just quality, traditional, family warmth.

• Reply Jill September 6, 2019 at 6:21 am

I love the matching pumpkin t-shirts. Always say yes to a good matching! I am specifically commenting to say that the sentence that contains looking for birthday shoes might be my all time favourite!! Love shoes and birthday shoes are absolutely words that should be together!! 🙂

Also, come on up to Fredericton, New Brunswick in Canada if you would like some real fall weather. This morning it’s a lovely 46 degrees Fahrenheit with the sun shining and the leaves are starting to turn. The high expected is 68.

Happy Weekend!

• Reply Tamara R. September 6, 2019 at 6:35 am

Well it’s about time with GOT!! Are you in love with Jon Snow like the rest of us? 🙂 I know your hair is blond but can you tell if that dry shampoo would show any residue on brown hair? Happy Friday!!!

• Reply Beth September 6, 2019 at 6:40 am

You might be the last to know about the towel. I’m 42 and got one for Christmas when I was in high school. 😂😂 I’m a fan, too. I’ve been seriously contemplating those booties. Did you order them? I’d love to hear what you think.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 6, 2019 at 6:47 am

I hate when I”m the last to know!!! Hahahaha! I haven’t bought them yet, but they sure are cute!

• Reply Elspeth September 6, 2019 at 7:06 am

Definitely going to give those apple recipes a try! What a busy weekend for you! Have the best time!

• Reply Amanda Wilson September 6, 2019 at 7:27 am

I have those bootie love them! Really though is hot weather bad…..we have to watch all our football games freeeeeeezzzzinnng with toques on!!!

• Reply Jen September 7, 2019 at 9:28 am

What size do you buy in the tees from Jane.com? I was looking for myself, but wasn’t sure of the fit. Thanks!!

• Reply Kirsten Kempf September 6, 2019 at 7:33 am

I read your blog every single day and just love it. I bought the Tom’s in that exact print and I LOVE THEM! They are so cute and comfy. You won’t be disappointed if you buy them.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 6, 2019 at 8:30 am

You might be pushing me over the edge to buy them! They’re so cute!

• Reply Sarina September 6, 2019 at 7:55 am

Best dry shampoo ever!!! – what I love about IGK is that there are 3 “levels”. So different ones for different days post washing your hair!

Not sure if you’ve tried their Down & Out dirty spray, but it’s great after curling your hair!

• Reply April September 6, 2019 at 7:55 am

I just bought those leopard booties and cannot wait to wear them! And I have one of those towels and definitely think they wok!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 6, 2019 at 8:30 am

Send me a pic when you wear them!!

• Reply Grace September 6, 2019 at 12:39 pm

Love the fall reading list!!

Do you have a fall music list? Or a fall movie list?

Would love to hear!!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 6, 2019 at 1:11 pm

I always listen to Steve Tyrell radio on Pandora during the fall!

• Reply Catherine September 6, 2019 at 8:01 am

Re: dry shampoo, have you ever tried Klorane? It is a French brand I think. It is amazing because it also does not leave any residue or feel sticky but there is NO scent after either. It is sooo good, I recommend it to everyone.
    Also, you might be the last to know about the turban style towel, they have been around for years! :)) But we probably all have something like that in our lives. Ha ha.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 6, 2019 at 8:30 am

Yes! Jeni told me about that one and I do like it, but I love this stuff!

• Reply MelanieL September 6, 2019 at 8:01 am

I’m reading One Day In December from your fall list and I’m loving it! My daughter and I use those towels too but ours are the Turbie Twist brand and they have some fun patterns if you want to get K one of her own. Today I’m rejoicing that our weather IS cooperating in Indiana! Happy Fall! 🙂

• Reply Sarah September 6, 2019 at 8:07 am

Please do a regular link up with Amanda from That Inspired Chick. Her blog is amazing and deserves to be “promoted” by a few of you that already have a big number of readers.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 6, 2019 at 8:29 am

Awe! I love Amanda!! She really is focusing on her “daily deals and super steals”. Do you follow it on FB? You should if you don’t! https://www.facebook.com/groups/thatinspiredchicktheblog/

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick September 8, 2019 at 10:39 am

Stepping up my blog game is on my (very long, very messy) list. hahaha. Current goal: Post more than twice a week. 😉 We’ll see how that goes. Thank you, friend!! 😘 I was wondering why I had a little influx of new members in my Deals Group over the past couple of days!

• Reply Amanda @ That Inspired Chick September 8, 2019 at 10:36 am

OMG, Sarah! You’re so sweet! I’m just getting around to reading blogs from Friday and saw this! xoxo

• Reply Kayla B September 6, 2019 at 8:31 am

Yay! Going to an apple orchard tomorrow, so those apple recipes are perfect! And I’ve been using a microfiber towel on my hair the past year, and it works great!

• Reply Grace Liang September 6, 2019 at 8:31 am

Those leopard print booties are so cute!! I definitely need to get myself a pair for Fall! Great post. 🙂

• Reply Dustin September 6, 2019 at 8:33 am

Try the Aquis turban! You twist it, like a normal towel, and then button the tail down. It stays put and I LOVE it!!

• Reply Shannon September 6, 2019 at 8:45 am

Shay, buy the Toms booties! I wish I had bought a pair in a fun pattern, but ultimately decided boring black would be the most sensible choice for me. We’ll see if I make it much longer without getting another pair! (FYI–I don’t know if you experience this with Toms or not, but I always seem to need to go 1/2 size up. I did with these booties and they fit perfectly!)

• Reply Sarah Shaneyfelt September 6, 2019 at 8:48 am

I love that Kensington still wears a bow!!! She picked a perfect one to pair with her pumpkin tee! And love that y’all have matching tees!
    MeetTheShaneyfelts

• Reply Ashley Nelsen September 6, 2019 at 8:52 am

What size shirt do you buy Kensington from Jane? I feel like my daughter is about her size and wasn’t sure how their clothes run. Thanks!

• Reply Sarie September 6, 2019 at 8:55 am

So, I’ve been using the same Aquis hair towel every day since high school and, trust me, that was a long time ago. 🙂 You’ll get your money’s worth for sure. Ha! Now I’m thinking I need to get one for my daughter.

• Reply Anna September 6, 2019 at 9:17 am

That’s so awesome that Ashby gets to play soccer this year!! Just curious.. how is it that she can play something like soccer but can’t jump in bouncy houses with other kids, etc. I think it’s GREAT!! I’m just curious is things have changed or if she and her coach are taking extra measures to make sure no one runs into her on the field.

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 6, 2019 at 10:32 am

Because in a bouncy house, other kids can fall on her or she can fall on herself as they’re bouncing. They’re just chaotic. Right now, at this age, soccer doesn’t even have goalies, so it’s just running and kicking. There are always risks, but doctors specifically encouraged us not to let her bounce in a bouncy house where a bigger kid could bounce right over the top of her.

• Reply Erin Chavez September 6, 2019 at 9:27 am

Jane.com is the best!!! I have been shopping on there for years and they always have such cute stuff!

• Reply Lindsay D September 6, 2019 at 10:51 am

IGK is the absolute best! I’ve never used a product of theirs that I didn’t become obsessed with.

• Reply Holley@BeeSimplyOrganized.com September 6, 2019 at 11:58 am

Love the booties and the shirt and well everything else! lol! Have a great weekend!!

• Reply Denise September 6, 2019 at 12:33 pm

Have you read yet “Where The Crawdads Sing”? If you haven’t you SHOULD!

• Reply Lori Sawyer September 6, 2019 at 12:39 pm

Love seasonal tees!! What color watch band is the one in the picture with the bracelet? Is it navy or black? I’m always on the hunt for new apple watch band combos, and I love the look in that pic!

• Reply Jana September 6, 2019 at 12:42 pm

I bought those Toms leopard booties a couple of weeks ago! I always brag on Toms wedges. I’ve probably said, “You can walk a parade in them! Seriously, you can wear them all day!” more times than I can count.

• Reply jennimc September 6, 2019 at 1:09 pm

I change to a navy blue Apple watch band for fall, too! What color do you do, or plan to do, for winter?

• Reply Jenn September 6, 2019 at 1:45 pm

I literally laughed out loud about the towel turban. I’ve been using one since I was a preteen and I’m 34. Thanks for the laugh and glad you finally discovered them. Better late than never! 😂😂

• Reply Jenn September 6, 2019 at 1:46 pm

Just kidding – I’m 35! #whoevenknowstheirage

• Reply teresa September 6, 2019 at 2:22 pm

I have one of the hair towels and it does really work, but my daughter came home from college in TX this summer and told me that they have all started wrapping their hair up in one of their old tshirts and then either sleeping in it at night to get good waves, or just to dry it before using a blow dryer. I haven’t tried it yet though.

• Reply Whitney September 6, 2019 at 3:01 pm

Is there a cute pumpkin shirt alternative that ships to Canada? 🙂

• Reply Ashley September 6, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Can you please share the name of your pumpkin tee from Jane.com? I love it! Thanks!

• Reply Mix and Match Mama September 7, 2019 at 5:39 am

I don’t know what it’s called! It was a daily deal (there were like 10 prints that day).

• Reply Beth Graves September 6, 2019 at 5:25 pm

I just also got this dry shampoo at my salon and I am in love !!! And it smells SO good!!!!!

• Reply Holly September 6, 2019 at 7:10 pm

I love the VE bracelet! But in the linked picture it doesn’t seem to have the chain like the one you have on?

• Reply Katie Stewart September 6, 2019 at 7:12 pm

My favorite character in GOT was Rob Stark. So there’s that. 😂 I really started loving the show when we got past all the vulgarity in the first couple seasons! It was almost too much for me to hang with it!

• Reply Tracey K September 6, 2019 at 7:21 pm

I loved the book One Day in December!! It was SO good! Great choice:)
    I’m about to start When Life Gives You Lululemons!

• Reply Patty September 6, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Just bought those Toms booties and they are awesome!

• Reply Kacy M September 6, 2019 at 9:35 pm

Sadly there’s no such thing as fall in Texas! (I’m from Houston). Haha

• Reply ASHLEY September 6, 2019 at 11:01 pm

Ashby looks so grown up. And those cheetah bootie are super cute! Happy Friday!

• Reply Mother of 3 September 7, 2019 at 8:13 am

Oh we’re in the long sleeves and jeans here! The last few Septembers have been pretty warm/hot but this year fall has come quite early and I’m torn as to whether I am happy about that or not. I do love fall but I just hope an early fall does not mean an early winter! Love those matching pumpkin t’s.

• Reply Bianca September 7, 2019 at 8:58 am

Post series idea… Pls show us the various kitchen appliances you use for baking and cooking etc. The slow-cooker and insta pot post was great. Would love to see the variety of blenders, vitamin pots pans etc a cookbook author uses

• Reply Ashley September 7, 2019 at 3:57 pm

What size did you buy for yourself in the pumpkin shirt?

• Reply Tiff September 9, 2019 at 3:35 pm

I love your watch face! Actually did not know that was an option for Apple Watch so I went and found it on the app after reading your post. Thanks for the inspo 🙂