I love making quick breads like this. They’re easy, they’re always delicious and…they’re quick! Want to hear something crazy? I’ve probably made a million of these and this recipe right here is now my absolute FAVORITE! I liked it so much that I made it twice in one week! It’s a little pumpkin-y, a little chocolaty and a whole lot of perfect for fall. You really must try it too!
The perfect quick bread for fall!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin (I used Libby’s)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray one loaf pan with cooking spray and then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, vegetable oil and egg with an electric mixer. Set bowl aside.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together with a fork your flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
- Pour pumpkin mixture slowly into flour mixture and blend together until just moistened with a spoon (not your mixer). Stir in your chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool 10 minutes before removing it from the pan to finish cooling.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
You could absolutely substitute either cinnamon chips or butterscotch chips in this recipe for a new twist. You could also add some frosting to make things even more decadent. When not enjoying, cover and keep at room temperature.