I have a frightfully delicious dessert for your family and friends this Halloween! My Halloween Sandwich Cookies are super easy, super festive and super yummy too! Your favorite ghosts and goblins will have these devoured in no time!Print
A frightfully delicious dessert for your Halloween!
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- chocolate frosting (either homemade or store bought)
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with Pam and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your butter until creamy. Beat in sugar and brown sugar. Next, beat in eggs one at a time. Finally, beat in vanilla.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Slowly beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until incorporated.
- Drop cookies onto prepared baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before making into a sandwich.
- I like to take my sprinkles and pour them into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once your cookies are cooled, take one cookie and add a nice dollop of chocolate frosting in the center then take a second cookie and place it on top. Take your cookie sandwich and spin the edges around in your sprinkles. Place this on a plate and repeat with remaining cookies.
To make this recipe really simple, use a store bought frosting. You could, of course, mix and match this a million different ways with different frostings in the center and different sprinkles.