A frightfully delicious dessert for your Halloween!
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- chocolate frosting (either homemade or store bought)
- Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray baking sheets with Pam and then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your butter until creamy. Beat in sugar and brown sugar. Next, beat in eggs one at a time. Finally, beat in vanilla.
- In a second mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and cinnamon.
- Slowly beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture until incorporated.
- Drop cookies onto prepared baking sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before making into a sandwich.
- I like to take my sprinkles and pour them into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once your cookies are cooled, take one cookie and add a nice dollop of chocolate frosting in the center then take a second cookie and place it on top. Take your cookie sandwich and spin the edges around in your sprinkles. Place this on a plate and repeat with remaining cookies.
To make this recipe really simple, use a store bought frosting. You could, of course, mix and match this a million different ways with different frostings in the center and different sprinkles.