Quick, simple and delicious…three perfect words for weeknight suppers! This recipe has lots of flavor but not a lot of heat. Enjoy!
- 1 pound of pasta (we used rotini)
- 1 onion, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 oz) package of kielbasa, sliced into rounds
- 3/4 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (I used Louisiana Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- chopped parsley to garnish
- grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water up to a boil. Once boiling, drop your pasta and cool to al dente.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add in your chopped onion with a big drizzle of EVOO and a nice pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Allow your onion to get tender (about 4 minutes) and then stir in your chopped bell pepper. Let you bell pepper hang out and get tender in your skillet another 3 to 4 minutes before adding in your kielbasa rounds. Allow the kielbasa to brown up on all sides, stirring everything in the skillet occasionally. After another 5 minutes or so, stir in your Cajun seasoning and diced tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low and let everything simmer together about 5 more minutes.
- Drain your pasta and set aside. Now, it’s time to plate! Take your pasta and separate it on your plates for dinner. Next, top each plate with a helping of the kielbasa mixture and then garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.